What is the "invasive species" in the Hudson Morse Parr Preserve?

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
It's a photoshop swing and a miss funny on TOTV. That's all.
I know what it is and how it's made. I just happen to think that anything depicting child abuse is at the very least distasteful if not more than that. I'll just assume you think it missed the mark on being funny. Do these people have other photos of children in various situations that they think is funny and a no harm done type of thing? I'll stand by my original comment!
Old 10-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I know what it is and how it's made. I just happen to think that anything depicting child abuse is at the very least distasteful if not more than that. I'll just assume you think it missed the mark on being funny. Do these people have other photos of children in various situations that they think is funny and a no harm done type of thing? I'll stand by my original comment!
////

Last edited by tomwed; 10-12-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

What about the $100,000+?

The Villages Florida
Old 10-12-2015, 04:00 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Once again TOTV posters have put the cart before the horse.
It was announced there was an issue with the preserve area that will have to be addressed. And an assessment was mentioned as a way to pay for the correction.
There is going to be a town hall meeting for the stakeholders. More than likely additional funding sources will be discussed and further explored.
Yet, on this thread the Developer is being berated and even worse posters are berating each other..........over a topic where all the facts have yet to be determined.
Opinions on causes and solutions is just a waste of time at this point.
Who are the stakeholders?
Old 10-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Who are the stakeholders?
Maybe the residents of District 8 can start a petition drive to not pay for the removal of the "invasive species". They can claim it is the personal responsibility of the species to remove its self.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

To me the article in the paper this morning was revealing in the fact that the invasive species issue is not the removal of the species because it is invasive but that resdents have requested it's removal to improve their view of the golf course.

Up to that point the subject was of interest due to potential invasive species issues.

But yet another significant expenditure to improve residents views?
Are we not being witness to a precedent setting trend here in TV. Is view improvement a line item in the budget?

And no I do not care to hear they live in the Morse compound hence it will be done.

If it is not funded by any of our resident contributed or resident applied funds then it matters not. If it is from resident intended funds then there should be as strenuous an objection as there was to the trees being cut down to improve views.

I know I do not know enough to take a position at this writing.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Maybe the residents of District 8 can start a petition drive to not pay for the removal of the "invasive species". They can claim it is the personal responsibility of the species to remove its self.
I thought that they were in District 9
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	district 9.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	55451  
Old 10-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
To me the article in the paper this morning was revealing in the fact that the invasive species issue is not the removal of the species because it is invasive but that resdents have requested it's removal to improve their view of the golf course.

Up to that point the subject was of interest due to potential invasive species issues.

But yet another significant expenditure to improve residents views?
Are we not being witness to a precedent setting trend here in TV. Is view improvement a line item in the budget?

And no I do not care to hear they live in the Morse compound hence it will be done.

If it is not funded by any of our resident contributed or resident applied funds then it matters not. If it is from resident intended funds then there should be as strenuous an objection as there was to the trees being cut down to improve views.

I know I do not know enough to take a position at this writing.
If the residents want a better view, they should have it and the residents should pay for it.
The ones that get a better view that is.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Default Please quote your source

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Where did you see anything about the invasive species being removed to improve anyone's views? I reread the V-N article and it did not say anything like that.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Where did you see anything about the invasive species being removed to improve anyone's views? I reread the V-N article and it did not say anything like that.
Today's happy paper in the article addressing invasive species.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
If the residents want a better view, they should have it and the residents should pay for it.
The ones that get a better view that is.
Perfectly stated.
Closed Thread

Tags
species, invasive, mention, online, news, clear, teenagers, allowed, preserve, cost, parr, morse, hudson, residents, cd1, remove, coyotes, money, lot, broke

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.