Will the Historical Area Endure?

Old 04-19-2024, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Really , majority.
I cannot post what I would really like to tell you!
Yeah, but wouldn’t you like to risk Talk of the Villages jail for a bit, just for this one!
Old 04-19-2024, 10:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I've heard rumors since I moved here that the developer is long term planning to sell off the mobile home park section. I'm sure that a majority of people in the rest of TV wouldn't mind that happening. You don't see new parts of TV with dilapidated trailers and car ports and it would just make TV more consistent.
Ahh yes, more unscientific polling!
Slow news day on ToTV...smh
Old 04-20-2024, 08:36 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
I've heard rumors since I moved here that the developer is long term planning to sell off the mobile home park section. I'm sure that a majority of people in the rest of TV wouldn't mind that happening. You don't see new parts of TV with dilapidated trailers and car ports and it would just make TV more consistent.
What exactly would the Developer be selling, since every last property is owned by a person who is NOT the Developer? And, it is not a trailer park. It is a residential development consisting mostly of Manufactured homes which is very common in Florida. There is very much a pride of ownership vibe in the area, I can't tell if this is a troll post or simply an ignorant one.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,941 Times in 1,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What exactly would the Developer be selling, since every last property is owned by a person who is NOT the Developer? And, it is not a trailer park. It is a residential development consisting mostly of Manufactured homes which is very common in Florida. There is very much a pride of ownership vibe in the area, I can't tell if this is a troll post or simply an ignorant one.
I would say both , but no matter troll or ignorant just a very bad post
Old 04-20-2024, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
I've heard rumors that some people make up rumors because they're upset about a lack in their own lives, and need to create problems that don't exist, so they don't feel quite as miserable about themselves.

Just something I've heard, so maybe you've heard some of those made-up rumors and think they might be true.

Meanwhile, there aren't dilapidated trailers in the Historic section. The Developer can't tear down our area, because the Developer doesn't own our area. The original trailer park was luxurious, even when it was a trailer park. It's even more luxurious now, and is a community of mixed homes, from manufactured homes, modular homes, wood frame homes, and block and stucco homes.

You should tell whoever you heard that rumor from that they're not only wrong, but they're lying, and probably need to eat more fiber.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I've heard rumors that some people make up rumors because they're upset about a lack in their own lives, and need to create problems that don't exist, so they don't feel quite as miserable about themselves.

Just something I've heard, so maybe you've heard some of those made-up rumors and think they might be true.

Meanwhile, there aren't dilapidated trailers in the Historic section. The Developer can't tear down our area, because the Developer doesn't own our area. The original trailer park was luxurious, even when it was a trailer park. It's even more luxurious now, and is a community of mixed homes, from manufactured homes, modular homes, wood frame homes, and block and stucco homes.

You should tell whoever you heard that rumor from that they're not only wrong, but they're lying, and probably need to eat more fiber.
Nice reply.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

OBB for CDD!
Old 04-20-2024, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Regarding the "kissing lanais" reference - feel free to run a search right here on the Talk of the Village forum for the phrase, and you'll get lots and lots of posts from people who have either bought in those neighborhoods, or considered them, or asked about them and were given lots of answers from long-time members, or seen them, or yes - heard about them from their hairdresser.

They're definitely a thing, they're not new, they are absolutely a downside in some areas where the developer made the decision to place the back wall of houses incredibly close to the back wall of other houses, with lanais in incredibly close proximity to each other.

My exaggeration and imaginative verbiage doesn't change the fact that they exist, and they can be problematic for people who enjoy peace and quiet on their lanais, in areas where lanais are placed incredibly close to each other.
“Kissing lanais” are one reason you may want to know your neighbors before you buy. My aunt like them because she was good friends with her neighbors. As they grew old, one call would get the other out to help. (Yes, she could have used the phone.) She liked it when her neighbors were home, she liked to hear their voices, they were her friends. I understand that not everyone is like that.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
“Kissing lanais” are one reason you may want to know your neighbors before you buy. My aunt like them because she was good friends with her neighbors. As they grew old, one call would get the other out to help. (Yes, she could have used the phone.) She liked it when her neighbors were home, she liked to hear their voices, they were her friends. I understand that not everyone is like that.
It's great, til one of them relocates. To be with other family, to downsize, to upsize, to a nursing home, etc. etc. And then they get stuck with the droopy-boobed lady and her stogie-smoking husband.

But - people like courtyard villas so they don't have to deal with their neighbors. I originally wanted the same kind of privacy til I stayed in one and saw how claustrophobic it is. Very glad I'm where I am now. Space between neighbors, but close enough we can socialize without even leaving our own property.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:38 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

You can choose your house but not your neighbors. That said, our experience in TV has been excellent as far as neighbors. OP, the so called historical area of TV will not only survive but will thrive just as it has in the past. It’s different from most manufacture home communities in Florida in that residents not only own their home but also own the lot the home sits on.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:21 PM

Quote:
It's great, til one of them relocates. To be with other family, to downsize, to upsize, to a nursing home, etc. etc. And then they get stuck with the droopy-boobed lady and her stogie-smoking husband.

But - people like courtyard villas so they don't have to deal with their neighbors. I originally wanted the same kind of privacy til I stayed in one and saw how claustrophobic it is. Very glad I'm where I am now. Space between neighbors, but close enough we can socialize without even leaving our own property.
I'm the same as you in that I find both PV's and CYV's to be too claustrophobic for my taste. They'd be okay for seasonal living but, full time? Not for me.

I like lots of windows and a view of the neighborhood from inside my house as well as a bit of grassy yard space outside the house. If you don't want to break the bank on buy price that does leave for limited options in TV.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:28 AM
Default Historical Area to keep going

Here is your immediate answer the Villages and going to spend millions of dollar building a new recreation center across from the main post office in the Historical Villages. There are several homes listed by the Villages Realtors. You can download the Villages website on your phone and can look at properties for sale there. There are 3 villages on this area. They are Orange Blossom, Silver Lake, and Country Club Hills,my favorite. If you need more information send me a private message and I will be glad to help you or show you the properties on my phone if you are unable to download the Villages site.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
Here is your immediate answer the Villages and going to spend millions of dollar building a new recreation center across from the main post office in the Historical Villages. There are several homes listed by the Villages Realtors. You can download the Villages website on your phone and can look at properties for sale there. There are 3 villages on this area. They are Orange Blossom, Silver Lake, and Country Club Hills,my favorite. If you need more information send me a private message and I will be glad to help you or show you the properties on my phone if you are unable to download the Villages site.
There is zero need to download anything.

Anyone can access the Villages Homefinder, which is a website, not an app. Here's the URL:
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Anyone can also access any of the Multiple Listing Service websites, such as realtor.com and zillow.com

There's no reason or need to send a private message to a stranger through an internet forum, to find homes available for sale in The Villages.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
There is zero need to download anything.

Anyone can access the Villages Homefinder, which is a website, not an app. Here's the URL:
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Anyone can also access any of the Multiple Listing Service websites, such as realtor.com and zillow.com

There's no reason or need to send a private message to a stranger through an internet forum, to find homes available for sale in The Villages.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You can choose your house but not your neighbors. That said, our experience in TV has been excellent as far as neighbors. OP, the so called historical area of TV will not only survive but will thrive just as it has in the past. It’s different from most manufacture home communities in Florida in that residents not only own their home but also own the lot the home sits on.
To a certain extent you can chose your neighbors, maybe not all of them, some will move away but not the whole street. I chose on the basis of who I would be among, just like a club, and boy, I can tell you. My neighbors literally saved my life, with their outreach and care. But I knew they were like that, I investigated, before I bought. It was a lot more important to me as compared to whether the bedroom had a closet, or was the lanai facing West.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-24-2024 at 12:20 PM.

Tags
area, love, concern, manufactured, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.