Gilchrist newbies

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Default Gilchrist newbies

Hi! We are new to TOTV and to Gillyland. My wife, Susie, met Andy and Wendy (and their precious pup who had just flown in from overseas) in early December at Brandenton and again at Brownwood. They were very sweet and offered great advice!

Our design meeting is Jan. 22nd for our lot at 210.117. We have read the blogs regarding design meetings and found them to be very beneficial. We feel so much more confident about the process, and we thank you one and all!

We will be arriving Sunday Jan. 20th and will stay through Saturday. Besides the design meeting, we plan to tour Gillyland, meet with the mayor, his administrative staff, and as many of our new neighbors as possible.

Looking forward to our trip and meeting all of our future neighbors!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 PM

Welcome to The Villages. We spent New Years Eve with the folks from Gillyland. They are a great group of people. Best wishes on your upcoming design meeting as well. You will find a great deal,of very good information on this site too. Congratulations on becoming a Gilly!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

to Gillyland Bogo and Susie! as a fellow Gilly I can confirm that it is indeed a wonderful neighborhood rife with the very best people TV has to offer! We are a very friendly group (as is ALL of TV) and I am quite certain you will undoubtably know you have made a great decision in your choice! Welcome and we look forward to meeting you both very soon

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM

Welcome, where will you be? We will be on Hackberry sometime after 3/1! We sure agree, everyone we have met are gracious, fun and, well, we cannot wait! Good luck with the design appointment!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Sage

to TOTV. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Welcome! We are waiting to close on our NJ home mid-January and have a design appointment on Feb. 2. Our corner lot is on Hackberry Place---209.104.

Last edited by DAnder2829; 01-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAnder2829 View Post
Welcome! We are waiting to close on our NJ home mid-January and have a design appointment on Feb. 2. Our corner lot is on Hackberry Place---209.109.
Congratulation! Looking at the map, I figure you must be at the east end of Hackberry. We are the 2nd one down from the west, on the left. We are lot 96 or 1416! Had or design appointment in Dec. and close 3/1. We will be full time sometime in March or April. We are originally from CT!

Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Wow! Great to see some tri-staters. Our address will be 1377 Hackberry Place.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Default Gilchrist location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter View Post
Welcome, where will you be? We will be on Hackberry sometime after 3/1! We sure agree, everyone we have met are gracious, fun and, well, we cannot wait! Good luck with the design appointment!
We are on the line of 209 and 210 on amherst way. 209.33 is next to our lot, 210.117, between Kilgore Way and Brinkley Lane. Guess our closing will be toward the end of April? Hope to see you then.

We will put our Atlanta house up for sale after the design meeting, wish us luck!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 AM

Bogo2128: My husband and I are 209.32 so we are very close to you! We will be there permantly this summer. Welcome to Gilchrist! This entire forum...especially this thread...is a great resource before, during, and after your design meeting.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogo2128 View Post
We are on the line of 209 and 210 on amherst way. 209.33 is next to our lot, 210.117, between Kilgore Way and Brinkley Lane. Guess our closing will be toward the end of April? Hope to see you then.

We will put our Atlanta house up for sale after the design meeting, wish us luck!
Where in Atlanta? We are in Kennesaw! Have our house up for sale, over 55 area where the builder is still building! So we may rent it for a opulent of years!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter View Post
Where in Atlanta? We are in Kennesaw! Have our house up for sale, over 55 area where the builder is still building! So we may rent it for a opulent of years!
We are in North Fulton county, Alpharetta/Johns Creek, in a single family neighborhood. Looked at some over 55 communities north of us, but nothing knocked our socks off until we visited TV! There are currently no other homes up for sale in our neighborhood, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 AM

We just reserved a lot on Bureau Path in Gilchrist. We are from NC so we just put our house up for sale. We also have a home here that we're renting out through April so we need to sell that one too! Not sure when our design meeting is yet...what blog are you referring to that would help with design questions.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiceis View Post
We just reserved a lot on Bureau Path in Gilchrist. We are from NC so we just put our house up for sale. We also have a home here that we're renting out through April so we need to sell that one too! Not sure when our design meeting is yet...what blog are you referring to that would help with design questions.
Howdy neighbor!

Went to the search section on the tool bar, typed in design meeting and several threads popped up. Very informative, TOTV is a great resource! Let me know if you have any problems. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage

I just did design. forget the terror installed over years of hearing how horrible it is to build. It just aint so at TV. You will be treated with the patience of Job and wonderful consultants with years of experience. In segments of about half a day each I rode with the designer in a golf cart to models to consider stretches and possibilities for the elevation, then to consider kitchen and bathroom options, then cabinetry and fixture choices, and colors for paint, tile, etc. At the end, you receive samples and printed pix of what you have chosen, go over the specs tooth and nail. Then there's a hallelujah smiley meeting with the sales agent and designer, who may actually be genuinely interested in your satisfaction. And after you sign and pay, they invite you to contact them for any questions and they stay in touch. I kept expecting to be abandoned after someone's role ended, but TV is above above average. Expect excellence and you will not be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiceis View Post
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.