Hello Everyone...from New Hampshire!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Default Hello Everyone...from New Hampshire!!!

Just a friendly hello to introduce myself (Linda), and my husband (Wally). We are from Brookline New Hampshire and just returned from buying our retirement home in the Village of Amelia!

We are so excited! We won't be full time until next September, but we can't wait to make the Villages our permanent residence. We have lots to do to get ready for the big move South...since we bought a furnished home, we need to sell/donate, etc. and simply downsize all our "stuff"!

I also wanted to thank everyone for all the wonderful information that you have provided here. I have been reading posts for the last 2 years or so to help educate us on everything "Villages"....

Did I mention how excited we are?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynwal View Post
Just a friendly hello to introduce myself (Linda), and my husband (Wally). We are from Brookline New Hampshire and just returned from buying our retirement home in the Village of Amelia!

We are so excited! We won't be full time until next September, but we can't wait to make the Villages our permanent residence. We have lots to do to get ready for the big move South...since we bought a furnished home, we need to sell/donate, etc. and simply downsize all our "stuff"!

I also wanted to thank everyone for all the wonderful information that you have provided here. I have been reading posts for the last 2 years or so to help educate us on everything "Villages"....

Congratulations!! Now the fun begins!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Just by chance are you former State Dept. Foreign Service people? I worked with a Linda and Wally in Oslo 20 years ago?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:

Welcome. We relocated from NH to TV full time about eight years ago and have never regretted it. I do, however, miss my sons and their families and I miss the ability to garden like I used to do up North i.e. asparagus straight out of the garden, home grown wonderful tomatoes, pole beans and peas. However, I don't have to worry about having an early killing frost around Labor Day, and wondering what is going to make it through the winter!, and I certainly do not miss the black flies and the mosquitoes big enough to carry you away.

Enjoy your new life, I am sure you have earned it.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Welcome!
To assure you, you won't be alone. We golf with several folks from N.H. and see many golf carts N.H. license plates.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Just by chance are you former State Dept. Foreign Service people? I worked with a Linda and Wally in Oslo 20 years ago?
Nope, not us....can't believe there is another Linda and Wally out there ;-)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Welcome. We relocated from NH to TV full time about eight years ago and have never regretted it. I do, however, miss my sons and their families and I miss the ability to garden like I used to do up North i.e. asparagus straight out of the garden, home grown wonderful tomatoes, pole beans and peas. However, I don't have to worry about having an early killing frost around Labor Day, and wondering what is going to make it through the winter!, and I certainly do not miss the black flies and the mosquitoes big enough to carry you away.

Enjoy your new life, I am sure you have earned it.
Thank you! After this Winter we won't miss the cold and snow for sure!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Welcome!
To assure you, you won't be alone. We golf with several folks from N.H. and see many golf carts N.H. license plates.
That's nice to hear! We saw several carts with New England themes....makes you feel right at home! Go Bruins!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Nope, not us....can't believe there is another Linda and Wally out there ;-)
There is and they are a great couple. I am also from NewHampshire. My son lives in Raymond and I have sisters in Kensington and Seabrook.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 AM
Sage

Congrats!!!

Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Sage

to TV and TOTV, Linda and Wally!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:48 AM

Hi and welcome to paradise. We are also from nh. This is our 4th winter in TV. We are actually back in nh right now to sell our lake home and finally become true villagers. I'm looking at snow that fell over night.. Didn't need to see that ever again, but it is a clear reminder of the direction we want to be headed,,,. South and heat and a fabulous lifestyle.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Let the downsizing begin...
Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Sage

i know three other folks here from new hampshire! join the NH club and have a ball!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.