Lake Deaton - New Home Purchase

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
We are just getting ready also to close on a home in Lake Deaton. We purchased our furniture at Family Furniture in Leesburg, just across from Babettes. We used Dotty Peck and she was just wonderful. We are going to. E looking for lawn and pest services as well as a twice a month housecleaner. We just think Lake Deaton is beautiful!
Welcome neighbor, we live up a ways on Quietwoods Dr., at least eventually. Have had the house for over 1 1/2 years but only been there about 7 weeks in total. Cannot speak to housecleaners, but agree with other posters that Charlene, the Village Sitter is THE BEST! As far as lawn goes, I have had all kinds of problems, probably the worst lawn in Lake Deaton. Seems to be a soil compaction/pH issue, possibly some grading as well. I have met with the owner of the contracting co. that built the house, the head of home warranty, and have spoken with the Univ of FL agricultural liason to TV. While most of these entities point the finger at someone else, Dean's has hung in there trying to fix the issue. The senior technician, Ronnie, is very commited to the job his company does, and is continuing to work with me on a resolution. We seem to be an anomaly, many of our neighbors use Dean's and have a beautiful lawn. So I guess if the guy with the ugly lawn can still recommend them, they must be doing something right.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Hi neighbor! We are also on Quietwoods Drive and use Deans. I have been told by my wife that we need to do something about the moles in our yard back in Ohio. I told her to just slow down while mowing the yard with the riding mower to smooth the ride.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Sage

Won't work in our NY yard---we have 10 pound woodchucks!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Deans always answers your call and comes out right away
Old 07-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The guy I play golf with lives on Fellowship, in fact we played Havana yesterday. I would pass this along, but unfortunately he's flying to London today with is grandkids for 30 days in Europe. I'll keep this in my memory for when he returns.

BTW, I used the Village Hangman four years ago for our house, he's legit.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:29 PM

Thanks for the info...we are going to call Deans before the settlement on July 16. The lawn on the begonia we bought doesn't seem to be the best. The area is really beautiful, however.
By the way, I grew up on Staten Island and my husband grew up in Flatbush! We have been living in Mexico for the last seven years and are in culture shock.
We hope to meet you sometime...we are on Innfields Ct.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Default House Cleaning Wanted

Additional recommendations for a house cleaning person or service once every two weeks in Lake Deaton Village would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if Jackie is still recommended and available every other week, year round, for 3 hours of house cleaning?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
For help hanging pictures...There is a great fellow called The Village Hangman. He lives in Bridgeport at Lake Sumter. His name is Roger.......Dupas??????????

Help someone.
Roger dudis. Phone 352. 430. 3244. Outstanding work!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEVEN39 View Post
Additional recommendations for a house cleaning person or service once every two weeks in Lake Deaton Village would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if Jackie is still recommended and available every other week, year round, for 3 hours of house cleaning?
I recommend Lisa Marie grasso. 352. 552. 1192. Dependable and honest.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
Thanks for the info...we are going to call Deans before the settlement on July 16. The lawn on the begonia we bought doesn't seem to be the best. The area is really beautiful, however.
By the way, I grew up on Staten Island and my husband grew up in Flatbush! We have been living in Mexico for the last seven years and are in culture shock.
We hope to meet you sometime...we are on Innfields Ct.
Small world. My wife grew up on Staten Island, my father was from Flatbush. I lived 4 years in Flatbush and 3 years on Staten Island before moving upstate. See you around
Old 08-07-2015, 01:42 PM

Thank you Fraugoofy.
Kathy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.