Express Scripts, yes or no

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Default Express Scripts, yes or no

I'm confronted with having to choose Express Scripts for prescription coverage in 2015. My wife and I have had Silver Scripts for a number of years and had no problems with Pharmacy or Mail Order. I'm retired from AT&T and also have TFL from military service. Express Scripts under TFL seems to be a problem. Any real world experience on this subject?
Old 08-27-2014, 10:39 PM

I have used them for years, never a problem
Old 08-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Veteran member

I also use Express Scripts as part of Tricare/Military. Since the merge with Medco a while ago, the web site is a real pain. Slow, difficult to maneuver. You really need to stay on top of things with Express Scripts...getting new prescriptions into the system can be a challenge, but once you do, things move pretty smoothly. I have found the phone support to be the better option when there is a problem, they're pretty good at making things work.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:29 AM
Veteran member

I have had Express Scripts for years since before when they were MEDCO. I live overseas so they must be sent either APO or State Dept. pouch and I really don't have too many problems. If I change addresses (which I do quite often) they like me to call and confirm the change. My doctor now sends the scripts in electronically and I don't have to bother mailing them in myself. Much easier, they always come pretty quickly especially considering they are coming in the pouch. You can also choose auto refill (if refills are authorized) and don't have to worry about reordering.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 AM

I have had them for several years with TC FL and I find them to be a pain in the posterior. Not too reliable or user friendly. Wish I could effect a change, but that would end up being a divorce, so I suffer on and gripe about it..................
Old 08-28-2014, 04:44 AM

I had Medco and then Exp Scripts, they are terrible, non caring, and a bunch of idiots. I spent hours trying to straighten out there mistakes. They pull this scam that you need prior authorization every time you reorder and never send the paperwork and then you don't get your meds. I could go into great detail about them just take my word for it and don't use them.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:59 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We use Express Scripts as well. Tricare too. Great service. We got tired of the grocery stores pharmacy mess ups and constant price changes .
Old 08-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Platinum member

I used Express Scripts. No problems, and save money and time with the 90 day refills. You just have to remember to reorder when you get close and not wait until you are empty.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:26 AM

I have used Express Scripts for many years and have not had a problem at all. I order 90 day refills and all is well.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:29 AM

We have had both Express Scripts and Silver Scripts. We had soooo many problems that I devoted an entire day to switching everything back to a local pharmacy. Meds not received, wrong meds received, etc.... It was not worth the small discount to go through this every month, in my opinion.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcxr750 View Post
I'm confronted with having to choose Express Scripts for prescription coverage in 2015. My wife and I have had Silver Scripts for a number of years and had no problems with Pharmacy or Mail Order. I'm retired from AT&T and also have TFL from military service. Express Scripts under TFL seems to be a problem. Any real world experience on this subject?
You might want to rephrase your inquiry to ask about experiences and issues within the last year. The merger with MEDCO caused a large number of snafus which they readily admitted. My wife has a serious chronic medical condition and we had a number of problems during the transition period. HOWEVER, in the last nine months, the service through them has been fine.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Eternal Member

We have been using Express Scripts for years. Hubby doesn't do the computer so he calls everything in and always talks to someone. He has no problems at all.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Used both Medco then Express Scripts (my wife is still with them until she goes on Medicare). All of the above comments apply, as I have gone through periods with no problems to periods with nothing but problems. One thing that I found (and still do) is their billing system. We had a credit card on file (for my wife), but the shipments come with a bill even if you have a card on file. Result I ended up paying for some drugs twice. Finally got the credit card off the account and paid the bill when the drugs came. HERE IS THE KICKER. They are relatively slow posting payments, so if you get 2 or 3 drugs in 2-3 shipments over a month, you can be sure the 2nd or 3rd bill will not reflect the first payment. On the plus side they did not require prepayment on any of the shipments, the plan I am with now requires prepayment for anything over $30.01.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

No problems with press scripts. Suggest you 1) have your doctor send scripts in direct to them, 2) use auto refill, very easy.

Also helpful is they will mail em out to alternate address when you travel, have to set up online.

Noticed complaints about "lost" scripts above--I doubt a problem in this area, but I was told by police elsewhere that they sometimes get stolen by hopefuls looking to get high. They email you when they are sent, and will resend if you notify they didm;t arrive.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Eternal Member

Hubby just got off the phone with Express. I just got a new script. He called it in and it's all set. He says never any problems.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.