Recommend please a moving company for long distance, small load

Old 04-17-2024, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I would bring the things I treasure, and a toothbrush.
Thank you, this is exactly what I plan to do. Just moving a small amount. Some art and several boxes of my kitchen stuff that I can't do without. Not a lot of clothes. I donated all my winter clothes and career wear. Bringing a few small side chairs. Some kids stuff as they will be in the dorms. Just a few of their boxes. Couple of TVs. My antique tea cup collection.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I'll be looking into all the info!
Old 04-18-2024, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
They do, but they do not provide any actual "service." They can offer advice, and give you a list of recommended companies that do the work.
serv·ice
/ˈsərvəs/
service
The action of helping or doing work for someone.

Offering advice, and providing a list of recommended companies falls under "helping" someone.

I never stated that The Villages employees would be personally loading moving boxes on the truck.
Old 04-18-2024, 05:11 AM

A good friend was in a similar situation about a year ago. She found Brian...who has been moving small loads between the Midwest and The Villages for over 25 yrs. I do not remember what he calls his service...but this is his phone number. 414.520.1613.

My friend was 92 yrs old at the time...so I was on hand to help her and did make the arrangements too...plus tracked his arrival at her new home in Michigan.

I add this only to assure anyone who is considering contacting Brian...that I had a very good experience, my friend would agree. Also, his home is in WI. All these best..
Old 04-18-2024, 12:42 PM

I recently moved with a similar scenario. I used PODS for the move and arranged for loading and unloading labor through U-Haul (on-line). This was by far the most cost effective solution I could find. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:26 PM
Default Off topic

if moving to the Northeast { Connecticut } Do Not Use DAILEYS
Old 04-18-2024, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post
Moving from upper Midwest to TV at the end of the summer.

I'll have everything boxed so just need it loaded, trucked, and unloaded. No packing.

Does anyone have a good company that you recommend?

Also any companies to avoid?

Thanks!
We also used Pods and they had a long list of loading and unloading companies that were very well priced
Many moving companies charged 3 and 4 times what Pods charged..we were very happy with the pod customer service and the delivery people
Old 04-18-2024, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post
Moving from upper Midwest to TV at the end of the summer.

I'll have everything boxed so just need it loaded, trucked, and unloaded. No packing.

Does anyone have a good company that you recommend?

Also any companies to avoid?

Thanks!
As a former salesman for a moving company, most have a 1000 pound minimum, a few might have 500 pound minimum. Depending what’s in the boxes (no breakables) might be cheaper to ship UPS. If Breakables, the a moving company is your best option. Might want to check with you real estate agent for recommendations, usual have a company that like to use
Old 04-19-2024, 03:37 PM

If you have nothing really valuable and no packing needed, Uship is the way to go. When someone coming the way anyway and they don't want to drive empty then they bid for your shipment. I had a large recliner need to go to 1000+ miles and the quotes I received was $600-$1200 almost the price of the chair. Uship driver charged me $80 and he said he did not need a mechanical lift to load/unload the chair. But if something happens it may not be covered so check their website..

Cheers!

Tags
recommend, moving, company, loaded, trucked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.