You had to know this was to begin.....

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Sage

It is very bad. And all it will serve to do is build more hyper vigilance of police. Dear Al Sharpton could only harp on how this should not have been done in the name of Garner and Brown..really? Wow. It should not have been done PERIOD.

I am so very sorry for the spouses and families. Very very sad.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We seemed to be doing better some time ago.
I have said this before, on our way home in the car to Ohio at Thanksgiving, I felt coldness from the folks I smiled at who were black. That has not happened to me before. This is affecting all of us in a bad way.
Somebody....somewhere.....do not care what official but someone needs to start accenting the positive instead of ALWAYS the negative. Of course there are negatives, but all we have heard is negatives.....all we hear is those instances that show someones injustice or someones insensitivity.

WHY do we not here the stories of heros.....why do we not hear anything positive. I know I am rough on Sharpton and our leaders, but they do not seem to be able to talk in positive terms and I know I swing it to agendas and what is to be gained, but it just seems that way to me.....all the conversations and the speeches begin to make a point with someone...why do we not start to talk about the positives...there are a h...l of a lot more of positives than negatives and perhaps we take the power away from some.

This is not going to stop...I am telling you. It was predicted on this forum....a number of writers predicted it, but it falls on deaf ears.

Why does not the President talk of our police heros...these men killed today were there working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill
Old 12-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Leaving the last sentence out as original would have kept the message more thoughtful in light of the slain officers.
I disagree with respect. I think I understand why you say this, and I want to make it clear....the President is not the root, but someone asked the other day about a sit down he and the First Lady did where they 100% discussed and did details on there BAD experiences being black. They did not mention about Valarie Jarret doing the same thing at a function.

WHY are they not doing articles and sit downs and discussing good things that are happening. That is my problem. And I will repeat what I think that poster who started that thread...what is the meaning of that article.

Why are we not talking about the majority who do not do insensitive and racist things and stressing the good things...that is what is really bothering me.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We seemed to be doing better some time ago.
I have said this before, on our way home in the car to Ohio at Thanksgiving, I felt coldness from the folks I smiled at who were black. That has not happened to me before. This is affecting all of us in a bad way.
Not coldness, but a gentleman of color and I were talking just yesterday about the recent events, and he said he was a bit embarrassed by in his words "what appears to be an attempt to make the white population feel guilty". He alluded to remarks by leaders that are not MEANT to condemn all whites or all police, but inherently that is how they are being received.

The condemnation of our police makes the condemnation of folks like ISIS look like gestures of minor rebuke.

If he felt that way, and you feel it, and I surely do, just imagine how this very high level rhetoric is received by many
Old 12-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

delete post; duplicate message

Last edited by kcrazorbackfan; 12-20-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: duplicate 2nd message
Old 12-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
For those of you that really are angry about this, please say a prayer for anyone in uniform that helps keep us safe.

Count me in.............
Old 12-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Amen. As a LEO I know it is hard for you to hold back. If our leaders do not have the back of those who protect us, why should we not fear for our safety? If I were a LEO I would seriously wonder why I should even report to work tomorrow.
That's exactly how I feel about this. Plus, I'm fed up with the professional protestors and race baiters ruining the greatest country on earth. If they are that unhappy, I will will happily contribute to a fund to give them a one way ticket to anywhere else in the world as long as they turn in their American passport once they get to their promised land.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

One officer was Chinese-American in heritage and the other was Latino. The gunman had murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore and said on social media he was going to NY to kill police. Baltimore PD sent the warning asap but it arrived in NYPD as the two officers were being shot in cold blood.

I hope at their funerals enough police and law enforcement turn out to send a serious message to the media and those in public limelight.

It's ironic that Holder's successor, Loretta Lynch, was (is) US Atty General (deputy) for the Brooklyn district where officers Liu and Ramos gave their last full measure.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
That's exactly how I feel about this. Plus, I'm fed up with the professional protestors and race baiters ruining the greatest country on earth. If they are that unhappy, I will will happily contribute to a fund to give them a one way ticket to anywhere else in the world as long as they turn in their American passport once they get to their promised land.
As I read your post, I watch police officers lining up to be "with their brothers and families" and I think of your words.

I said earlier when folks were discussing Ferguson, etc that we need leaders like Dr King. I also have this "feeling" that so many look forward to the opportunity to march and yell and demonstrate. I even "feel" the excitement in some of the posters on here when there is a chance to verbally assault authority of any kind. They are, as you say, ruining our country, and my problem is that they want to make everyone feel guilty as if they are on the high road.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:50 PM
TOTV Moderator

Members are welcome to discuss the tragedy in NY. Remember that including political figures or political references will cause your post be deleted per site guidelines.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Sage

I'm fed up with the professional protestors and race baiters ruining the greatest country on earth. If they are that unhappy, I will gladly contribute to a fund to give them a one way ticket to anywhere else in the world as long as they turn in their American passport once they get to their promised land.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Sage

I wonder if it's possible for the NYPD Police Union to organize a temporary withdrawal of police presence in selected high crime districts as a protest ? The public either supports the police or loses the police.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:14 PM

This is a tragedy that was bound to happen, I am afraid, and I foresee it happening again. People have been on the news, talk shows, sporting events and any other media that will allow them to show support for all the rioters and destructive behavior. The people who are our leaders have not once supported the officers in the 2 recent events, but have openly critized them and supported those who critize them. My husband told me something that Oprah Winprey said the other day (really surprised me). But she said that in all the protests during the 60's with the Rev Dr MLK, Jr, the people protesting were all dressed in suits, and were peaceful and non destructive. They weren't like the crowds now. And that is true. Our police and military just are not getting the support and respect they deserve, not only from a large part of the public, but from most of out politicians. Our top politician actually showed approval for a sports person who wore a tee shirt on TV that said "I can't breathe", but when a police officer had a tee shirt that said "obey the law, breathe easy", they were criticized, and told not to wear it. Bless our aw enforcement officers. Fair????
Old 12-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

This not just beginning. It has been going on for years. The national press just doesn't cover it like they do every time some low life does something to get himself shot by the police. But thanks to the press, the president and the Al Sharpton;s of the world, it's going to get a a lot worse.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Veteran member

I am heartsick, as are most if not all New Yorkers. I am especially concerned because my young niece has chosen the NYPD as her profession and will be sworn in December 29th. God bless all the men and women who proudly wear the blue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.