Health bill vote delayed in House in setback to Trump, Ryan

Old 03-27-2017, 09:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
That worked in the old days...now, there are just too many poor minorities to take care of. half the population gets something from the government. A third don't pull their own weight.

Would your system back then have worked if the indigent numbered 1/3 your town population? What if your town was half minorities, would it have worked then? That's what we're dealing with now.
To answer your question, yes, I believe it would. The federal government was not in the private sector then like it is now. Insurance was not a part of the government, for instance. There were no mandates of what that insurance had to cover, no fines for not having it, no subsidies for buying it. We did have a major percentage of minorities, along with poor whites.

There were not lawyers on every corner jumping up and down wanting to file malpractice lawsuits, etc., either. Do the countless ads about if you had this procedure, that procedure, this medication, that medication, etc. ring a bell? People did not run to a lawyer every time something didn't get them the results they wanted. Only a small percentage are actual malpractice instances. Case in point: My husband had a stroke following surgery 15 years ago and lost his ability to converse. After we moved here, one lady said, "Boy, I bet you guys are fixed for life after that lawsuit!" NO. We knew the risk doing the surgery going in, but that his chances of a stroke without it were 100%. He just happened to be in that small percentage....luck of the draw. At least, he lived and probably wouldn't have without the surgery. That lady's mentality is part of what's wrong with medicine and medical costs today.

Maybe if the federal government would stick to the job originally designed for it and let the private sector do the same, the politicians wouldn't have politics as the very lucrative career that it is today.

Tags
happened, wringing, hands, people, donny

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.