The majority needs to protest

Old 06-27-2015, 12:13 PM
n/a

I'm not really sure there is a majority in this country anymore. Just look at the results of last presidential election. Obama won with 51% of votes from less than 60% of eligible population. That is hardly representative. Likewise, just over 50% of the actual voters voted for Bush in 2004 with only about 55% of the eligible voters going to the polls.

I don't know what it would take to get people more involved in running this country. Unfortunately, by our absence, we are basically abrogating our responsibility and turning it over to special interest groups that do not necessarily represent the will of the people.

Maybe things would be exactly the same if 80% turned out to vote, but at least we'd be more sure that we have a representative government.

My wife grew up under a dictatorship where "elections" were held every five years. Even though she was regularly harassed at the polls (she belonged to an opposition party), and even though her candidates never had a chance at victory, she could not imagine not voting.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:40 PM
n/a

We are witnessing the new normal. It has evolved over the last 50 years. It has been assisted by popular politicians, educational orientations from
Kindergarten to graduate school, and manipulated and disseminated by a liberal media and to give it pizzazz mouthed by the most useful idiots of all, Hollywood celebrities.

Everyday Americans comprise just a few who care and understand the implications, while the vast majority are too busy looking in the mirror or smoking dope, or whatever but they certainly are not engaged.

SCOTUS hit America with a double whammy and praised it as progress. It will take some time for these rulings to work their way though America but it will eventual show itself.

Ellen DeGeneris (sp) lamented that SCOTUS chose love but I thought SCOTUS was suppose to choose based a rule of law. The judicial fiats for both ObamaCare and same sex marriage were not based on law but manipulated because of judicial activism

Once again let me stress that for the purposes of same sex issue my concern was in redefining marriage which the court did unfotunately

Traditional America is slipping away and its replacement is simply not suitable for maintaining America's exceptionalism History does repeat itself
Et tu Brutus!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Ellen DeGeneris (sp) lamented that SCOTUS chose love but I thought SCOTUS was suppose to choose based a rule of law.
Somehow I feel that Ellen DeGeneres didn't lament that SCOTUS "chose love". May have been some projection on your part[emoji6] .
Old 06-27-2015, 04:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Here is the problem with your "thinking" ... you are so immersed in your bubble of Faux News & Breitbart, et al ,,, that you actually think you are correct.

Sorry but the USofA and the world is moving away from your arcane political & social positions.
I love how the wheat is being separated from the tares! Where was your voice prior to 2008?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:28 AM
n/a

The "new normal" is a contrived BS concept very much like "political correctness"..........nothing more than a redefining so issues to suit an agenda and condoning not doing what is right or true.
A BS concept.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Somehow I feel that Ellen DeGeneres didn't lament that SCOTUS "chose love". May have been some projection on your part[emoji6] .
Dear Guest: You would be wrong. A social media program made the rounds of celebrities and what they thought of SCOTUS decision and that's what DeGeneres said.

Liberals are pushing their agenda as the new normal and unless someone has retreated to a cave in in the amazon it couldn't be missed. No other than Bruce Jenner has been called the new normal and its spreading around the globe.

A lesbian in Ontario Canada made headline news when it was revealed she was indoctrinating young children to the gay way of life. It goes on.

My children are adults and thank God I have no grand children(trolls you can jump in here with snide remarks) because unless America has an epiphany we are headed for trouble waters .

I have withheld any hateful comments about SCOTUS judicial fiats because my interests are focused on those traditions that made America great and all one has to do is make an objective comparison between traditional America vis a vis the new normal to see why I am concerned. I say this recognizing that some Americans never will achieve insight. I blame much of that on our educational institutions that have indoctrinated young minds into believing it more important to teaching multi-culturalism than civics and who have reinvented history and America's leading role

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-28-2015, 06:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
That must have been a misprint. Ellen tweeted that "Love won". Doesn't sound like a lament.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:27 PM
n/a

How does the Parato effect apply to politics? In 1896, Parato did research and found 80% of Italian land was owned 20 % of the people. He also applied it to other areas, but not to politics. In the 1990's, the land ownership still applied world wide.

You threw race into the post. How in the name of creation can that apply? For one thing, the math doesn't work. Isn't there more than 20% minorities in the country? They would also have to be the 20% that control things are now for the 80/20 rule to apple. We know that isn't true. If the 80% shut down the 20% minorities, wouldn't that make us all racists.

If you are talking minorities being Kochs, and Soros of the world, and special interest political action groups as being minorities, then you are making sense, but not race.

Tags
fail, yen, union, fails, market, iras, gold, pensions, worth, bushes, fault, naa, stock, dollar, paseo, standard, beliefs, quit, pushed, stand, majority, protest, country, involved, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.