Standing Up to Donald Trump and his Administration's Lies.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:41 AM
n/a

Default Standing Up to Donald Trump and his Administration's Lies.

Don't let Trump get away with 'alternative facts' - Columbia Journalism Review

Trump as his Administration's "alternative facts" borders on 1984 and its double-speak.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Don't let Trump get away with 'alternative facts' - Columbia Journalism Review

Trump as his Administration's "alternative facts" borders on 1984 and its double-speak.

Good. Tim e for America to wake up and realize that the Utopia that Obama promised is nothing but smoke and mirrors to make himself rich and further his puppet master's (Soros) agenda.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good. Tim e for America to wake up and realize that the Utopia that Obama promised is nothing but smoke and mirrors to make himself rich and further his puppet master's (Soros) agenda.
Right. And where are the facts to back that up?
Old 01-23-2017, 01:57 PM
n/a

Default Common citizen can no longer call the White House and complain/complement

In his inaugural address on Friday, Donald Trump said that ordinary people would be heard under his administration.
“The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer,” he proclaimed. “Everyone is listening to you now.”
But his actions already contradict his words.
As Blue Virginia reported on Monday, the White House comments line, which is still advertised on the White House’s website, has been shut down.
ThinkProgress repeatedly called the number and received the same message each time: “Thank you for calling the White House comments line. The comment line is currently closed.” Immigrant rights groups noticed the comment line’s shutdown Friday, just after Trump took the oath of office. Kica Matos, spokesperson for the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM), told ThinkProgress in a statement, “Last time I checked we were still a democracy. We the people have a right to be heard, and government officials have an obligation to hear our views. It is unprecedented and deeply disturbing. for any administration to turn off the switchboard to the American public.”
Now, citizens are instead urged to go to the White House web form or Facebook messenger to send a message to the president. This would seem to indicate that the 13 percent of American adults who do not use the Internet have, just days into Trump’s presidency, been forgotten.
The administration’s online citizen communication has also caused some embarrassment for the new administration. The number one petition on the White House’s We the People petition site, with more than 264,000 signatures, is a call for the immediate release of Donald Trump’s tax returns — something Trump claimed earlier this month was only of concern to reporters.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM
n/a

Default Continuation of lies from the mouth of Trump

The Independent has conveniently cataloged the five public lies that Donald Trump has made in just three days since assuming the presidency. Unsurprisingly, every single lie is clearly an attempt to stroke his overinflated ego and a poor effort to make the public recognize his ‘grandeur.’

First, on inauguration day at the Inaugural Ball, Trump announced, “The crowd was unbelievable today. I looked at the rain, which just never came, you know, we finished the speech, went inside, it poured then we came outside. The helicopter scene was an incredible scene, and then, amazingly it rained—like God was looking down on us.”

In fact, the rain started at the beginning of Trump’s inaugural speech. If sun is a sign of God smiling on a speech, then God was frowning or crying on Trump. (Ironically, the pastor Trump chose to bless the inauguration called the rain on Trump’s speech “a sign from God.”)

Second, Trump desperately tried to convince his supporters that the crowd at his inauguration was massive. He told them, “Even the media said the crowd was massive. That was all the way back down to the Washington Monument.”

Actually, he later got upset because the media kept reporting the truth – his crowd was tiny compared to Obama’s and didn’t stretch anywhere near the Washington Monument. The Washington Post, New York Times, LA Times, MSN, Independent, Boston Globe, and even Fox News reported that his crowds were small.The editor of Reuters, a highly respectable news agency, felt compelled to explain that Trump was unequivically wrong.

Third, Trump inexplicably repeated the lie about his crowds to the CIA the day after his inauguration, saying, “We had a massive field of people. You saw that. Packed. I get up this morning. I turn on one of the networks and they show an empty field. I say, ‘Wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out. The field was … It looked like a million, a million and a half people.‘ Whatever it was, it was. But it went all the way back to the Washington Monument.”

A crowd expert estimated that about 160,000 people turned out for Trump’s inauguration.

Fourth, the day after the inauguration he kept insisting that the rain ceased for his speech, even though he had already been called out for that falsehood. “The rain should have scared them away. But God looked down and he said, ‘We’re not going to let it rain on your speech.’ In fact, when I first started I said, “Oh no.” First line, I got hit by a couple of drops. And I said, ‘Oh, this is, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it.’ But the truth is that it stopped immediately. It was amazing. And then it became really sunny, and then I walked off and it poured right after I left.”

Fifth, Trump felt compelled to talk up his presence in (the widely mocked) Time magazine. He claimed, “Time magazine—and I have been on their cover, like, 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine. Like, if Tom Brady is on the cover, it’s one time, because he won the Super Bowl or something, right? I’ve been on it for 15 times this year. I don’t think that’s a record, Mike, that can ever be broken.”

Time responded that Trump was only on their cover 11 times, one-fifth of the 55 times Richard Nixon featured on the cover.

None of Trump’s lies are about anything important. He can’t stop himself from uttering a false version of reality whenever it occurs to him, no matter how small the matter is. Disturbingly, Trump continues to repeat lies after being proven wrong, working tirelessly to spin a narrative that obscures the truth about what is happening in our country. Notable Russian dissident and chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov mocked Trump’s lies about the size of his inauguartion crowd by echoing old Soviet propoaganda: “Record grain and steel production in the Soviet heartland again! Little lies build immunity to big ones.”

Over the weekend Trump surrogate Kellanne Conway told NBC that Trump and his team provide the public with “alternative facts.” It is terrifying that we have a leader who makes brazen attempts to deceive the public and views his lies as other ‘facts.’ There is only one set of facts, and any attempt to state alternatives is straight up lying.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Right. And where are the facts to back that up?

They'er located at upper U S...
Old 01-23-2017, 02:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
In his inaugural address on Friday, Donald Trump said that ordinary people would be heard under his administration.
“The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer,” he proclaimed. “Everyone is listening to you now.”
But his actions already contradict his words.
As Blue Virginia reported on Monday, the White House comments line, which is still advertised on the White House’s website, has been shut down.
ThinkProgress repeatedly called the number and received the same message each time: “Thank you for calling the White House comments line. The comment line is currently closed.” Immigrant rights groups noticed the comment line’s shutdown Friday, just after Trump took the oath of office. Kica Matos, spokesperson for the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM), told ThinkProgress in a statement, “Last time I checked we were still a democracy. We the people have a right to be heard, and government officials have an obligation to hear our views. It is unprecedented and deeply disturbing. for any administration to turn off the switchboard to the American public.”
Now, citizens are instead urged to go to the White House web form or Facebook messenger to send a message to the president. This would seem to indicate that the 13 percent of American adults who do not use the Internet have, just days into Trump’s presidency, been forgotten.
The administration’s online citizen communication has also caused some embarrassment for the new administration. The number one petition on the White House’s We the People petition site, with more than 264,000 signatures, is a call for the immediate release of Donald Trump’s tax returns — something Trump claimed earlier this month was only of concern to reporters.
I'd tell them that they could all kiss my @ss because the tax returns are none of their business and not required. And apparently the lack of them did not keep him from being elected. Time to libtards to realize that this is no longer Hollywoodland.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Independent has conveniently cataloged the five public lies that Donald Trump has made in just three days since assuming the presidency. Unsurprisingly, every single lie is clearly an attempt to stroke his overinflated ego and a poor effort to make the public recognize his ‘grandeur.’

First, on inauguration day at the Inaugural Ball, Trump announced, “The crowd was unbelievable today. I looked at the rain, which just never came, you know, we finished the speech, went inside, it poured then we came outside. The helicopter scene was an incredible scene, and then, amazingly it rained—like God was looking down on us.”

In fact, the rain started at the beginning of Trump’s inaugural speech. If sun is a sign of God smiling on a speech, then God was frowning or crying on Trump. (Ironically, the pastor Trump chose to bless the inauguration called the rain on Trump’s speech “a sign from God.”)

Second, Trump desperately tried to convince his supporters that the crowd at his inauguration was massive. He told them, “Even the media said the crowd was massive. That was all the way back down to the Washington Monument.”

Actually, he later got upset because the media kept reporting the truth – his crowd was tiny compared to Obama’s and didn’t stretch anywhere near the Washington Monument. The Washington Post, New York Times, LA Times, MSN, Independent, Boston Globe, and even Fox News reported that his crowds were small.The editor of Reuters, a highly respectable news agency, felt compelled to explain that Trump was unequivically wrong.

Third, Trump inexplicably repeated the lie about his crowds to the CIA the day after his inauguration, saying, “We had a massive field of people. You saw that. Packed. I get up this morning. I turn on one of the networks and they show an empty field. I say, ‘Wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out. The field was … It looked like a million, a million and a half people.‘ Whatever it was, it was. But it went all the way back to the Washington Monument.”

A crowd expert estimated that about 160,000 people turned out for Trump’s inauguration.

Fourth, the day after the inauguration he kept insisting that the rain ceased for his speech, even though he had already been called out for that falsehood. “The rain should have scared them away. But God looked down and he said, ‘We’re not going to let it rain on your speech.’ In fact, when I first started I said, “Oh no.” First line, I got hit by a couple of drops. And I said, ‘Oh, this is, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it.’ But the truth is that it stopped immediately. It was amazing. And then it became really sunny, and then I walked off and it poured right after I left.”

Fifth, Trump felt compelled to talk up his presence in (the widely mocked) Time magazine. He claimed, “Time magazine—and I have been on their cover, like, 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine. Like, if Tom Brady is on the cover, it’s one time, because he won the Super Bowl or something, right? I’ve been on it for 15 times this year. I don’t think that’s a record, Mike, that can ever be broken.”

Time responded that Trump was only on their cover 11 times, one-fifth of the 55 times Richard Nixon featured on the cover.

None of Trump’s lies are about anything important. He can’t stop himself from uttering a false version of reality whenever it occurs to him, no matter how small the matter is. Disturbingly, Trump continues to repeat lies after being proven wrong, working tirelessly to spin a narrative that obscures the truth about what is happening in our country. Notable Russian dissident and chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov mocked Trump’s lies about the size of his inauguartion crowd by echoing old Soviet propoaganda: “Record grain and steel production in the Soviet heartland again! Little lies build immunity to big ones.”

Over the weekend Trump surrogate Kellanne Conway told NBC that Trump and his team provide the public with “alternative facts.” It is terrifying that we have a leader who makes brazen attempts to deceive the public and views his lies as other ‘facts.’ There is only one set of facts, and any attempt to state alternatives is straight up lying.

And this will affect his status as PRESIDENT, how?
Old 01-23-2017, 03:01 PM
n/a

Dear Rational Poster:

Can anyone please explain the irrationality driving this liberal insanity. Is it perhaps as we see portrayed in those "The Living Dead"episodes some sort of virus that has gripped the "liberal brain"?
We know it was triggered by "a woman scorned"phenomenon and the fact that the liberal brain cannot process that their candidates sex was he only necessary requirement for being elected. but how can you explain that to a collective who cannot process that every living species is binary in gender and that saying I diffident doesn't count n the real world. Or believes that all a radical Islam terrorist needs is an education and a job which of course doesn't explain guys like t Osma bin Laden, et al. Nor that this is the greatest nation that ever had a place on this earth despite its failings, failing on which they repeatedly obsesses

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-23-2017, 03:22 PM
n/a

The most hilarious point here is that Hillary being a two time loser will probably see a TRANSGENDER elected to office when she couldn't make it running as a female.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:50 PM
n/a

Default Of course, revealing his tax returns would reveal his ties to putin,

Quote:
I'd tell them that they could all kiss my @ss because the tax returns are none of their business and not required. And apparently the lack of them did not keep him from being elected. Time to libtards to realize that this is no longer Hollywoodland.
So, it is ok that the person who holds the highest office in the land can hide his business dealings with Russia, and other countries to deflect any financial association (conflict of interest is only one example) with other countries.....
Your reply shows not only your lack of intelligence, but how you are able to be spoon-fed by the "alternative facts" that the Trump administration feeds you.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
So, it is ok that the person who holds the highest office in the land can hide his business dealings with Russia, and other countries to deflect any financial association (conflict of interest is only one example) with other countries.....
Your reply shows not only your lack of intelligence, but how you are able to be spoon-fed by the "alternative facts" that the Trump administration feeds you.
Good reply. I'm glad someone in this forum has some intelligence.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why the Clinton Foundation has closed shop after Hillary's loss!
Now there's a real conflict of interest!
Old 01-24-2017, 04:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
So, I get it. You believe that you are smarter than the IRS and that you will be able to tell if Trump had dealings with Russia just by looking at his Tax Return. What section is going to reveal that to you? And if his tax return is studied by the IRS and they have no problem with it, you figure that you are smarter than them? Or do you have a special decoder ring that will tell you what they can not figure out?

Get over your loss. It's not healthy for you to continue to grieve and live in denial. Hillary lost and there is nothing you can do about it.

By the way, we have plenty of businessmen that do business with Russia.

So, to say it short and civilly, you are talking out your @ss. And your little quip "alternative facts" is real cute and ORIGINAL. You should use that more often. Perhaps you could use a little giggle along with it.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
The source of the so called "intellect" in his posts is from liberal media. He has no idea what he would see in Trumps tax return, but some liberal journalist said they need to see it, PERIOD. His posts (CIA crowd, WH comment, etc) all infer he could get lost trying to find his way out of a Walmart parking lot...

Tags
trump, borders, facts, alternative, double-speak

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.