A/C repair and installation

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2023, 06:31 AM
Default Think about service

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODDA View Post
Looking for a reputable A/C company, would rather stay away from MUNNS and Sun Kool
The larger companies charge a little more because of higher overhead but will these smaller companies be there when your a/c is out on a hot summer Friday afternoon? We had an experience from a highly recommended smaller company who we had used several times but told us we would have to wait one or maybe two days before they could get to us. We called SunKool and it was repaired within three hours of our call. Yes the service call was $10 more and they charged more for the repair part but we were able to sleep in comfort in our home that night instead of sweltering in the heat and humidity for 24 more hours. You get what you pay for with these bigger companies IMHO.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

When hot and your AC is not working who cares how much it costs , call the bigger companies they have the most number of techs to service outages. Smaller companies are also very Mark Anthony is praised at lot for service and repair.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyhyder View Post
The larger companies charge a little more because of higher overhead but will these smaller companies be there when your a/c is out on a hot summer Friday afternoon? We had an experience from a highly recommended smaller company who we had used several times but told us we would have to wait one or maybe two days before they could get to us. We called SunKool and it was repaired within three hours of our call. Yes the service call was $10 more and they charged more for the repair part but we were able to sleep in comfort in our home that night instead of sweltering in the heat and humidity for 24 more hours. You get what you pay for with these bigger companies IMHO.
I agree. Also, some people who pay for regular maintenance think they are also buying priority access for repairs. I have never seen a maintenance agreement that actually guarantees any priority access in writing. It is a maintenance selling point with nothing to back it up.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:55 AM

We have had Sunshine for 18 years. They use Carrier. We have had nothing but great service and would recommend them.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

CHUCKFarrell
Old 08-07-2023, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Another vote for Munn's. Our home is only 3 years old, and we have not had any A/C failures. But, we signed up for the Munn's annual service plan. They come out twice a year, August and February in my case, and check/service everything. Being on that plan also gets you on their "priority" list should you need service...even after hours or on weekends or holidays. When I set up my appointments, I request the same tech each time. He is knowledgeable, professional, and thorough. He spends about an hour each time, making sure everything is in good running order. Munn's even sends you text messages letting you know he will be arriving in "x" number of minutes. The two service calls, the priority list, and the peace of mind run $120.00 per year. Money well spent in my book.
Yep. Munn's serviced our unit for the former owners: when we called them for service the first year here they asked the address, and when we gave it we were informed that we were on their "preferred" list and a tech would be out ASAP. He showed up the next morning.

This was July, when scheduled work was something like two weeks out.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:23 AM

Munn’s! All the way!
Old 08-07-2023, 07:32 AM

Last edited by Sully; 08-12-2023 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:40 AM

We've been using Munn's for 6+ years and have absolutely no complaints. Also had them install mini-split on lanai. Highly recommend!
Old 08-07-2023, 07:55 AM

Kalos
Old 08-07-2023, 08:05 AM

I recently had my HVAC replaced by Chuck Farrell. My search found an overwhelming, positive response to this company. They also had the most reasonable price. I guess time will tell. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2023, 08:35 AM

I have used Munns twice and they were out within hours. They were professional and the repair was done quickly. I’ve also heard good things about Suncool .
Old 08-07-2023, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Looking for a reputable A/C company, would rather stay away from MUNNS and Sun Kool
You brought back memories of last July when we suffered thru 3 weeks of no AC! SunKool was highly incompetent and replaced the coil, capacitor and compressor and added “Pureon” countless times. before someone went up into the attic to find a kink in a pipe that had a hole in it. Thankfully I was still in my 5 year parts and labor coverage so it was no charge to me. But we baked in this house. I purchased a portable unit to have one room that was cool. SunKool eventually came up with one I could borrow. I have switched to One Hour Heating and Air. (352) 897-9700. So far I am very impressed.

BTW, I recommend that everyone purchase a portable unit to keep just in case. It made life bearable until the central air was repaired. I have lent it out to 2 of my neighbors when their units went down.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
We used DeSantis this past winter and we were very happy with their service and our new Trane system.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:52 AM

I have replaced several HVAC systems since I have lived in TV. Did a ton of checking before the first one and decided to use Chuck Farrell. I was very satisfied and have continued to use him ever since. Honest, knowledgeable and reasonable prices.
Closed Thread

Tags
a/c, sun, munns, stay, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.