06 Precedent 4-12V to 6-8V battery Conv problem

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Default 06 Precedent 4-12V to 6-8V battery Conv problem

I recently purchased a conversion kit to change my 2006 Club Car Precedent from four twelve volt batters to six eight volt batteries. The wiring harness that came with the kit does not come with a light harness. On the old harness, there were three wires that crossed over from the main harness to the light harness. The new main harness has only one wire that comes out at the 9 pin connector at the dash and starts near the batteries "to light harness". After installing the new main harness and a 48V to 12V reducer (reducer works fine), the cart will not run. It appears that the main solenoid is not being activated. Has anyone done this conversion that has had a similar experience? I have followed the instructions that came with the kit, but it would have been nice to have the wiring diagram for the new main harness to better troubleshoot the problem. I would like to know if the blu/wht wire running from the 12 pin connector at the dash, (that is not connected to the main harness), has anything to do with the problem? Any ideas?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.