2009 EZGO RXV 4 way switch issue

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Default 2009 EZGO RXV 4 way switch issue

I just bought a 2009 RXV with a 4 way ignition switch. When I first start the cart and put in F or R the cart goes fine. If I leave the key in the switch with the switch in F or R (or OFF) for 15 minutes, the cart doesn't move and I hear a tick-tick-tick sound. If I then turn key to N and then back to F or R it goes fine. Even if I leave it in the OFF position with the key in the slot for 15 minutes I need to go to N first. The batteries are new and fully charged. I'm trying to understand if this is a characteristic of the electrical system with a timeout or if it a precursor of a problem.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnick View Post
I just bought a 2009 RXV with a 4 way ignition switch. When I first start the cart and put in F or R the cart goes fine. If I leave the key in the switch with the switch in F or R (or OFF) for 15 minutes, the cart doesn't move and I hear a tick-tick-tick sound. If I then turn key to N and then back to F or R it goes fine. Even if I leave it in the OFF position with the key in the slot for 15 minutes I need to go to N first. The batteries are new and fully charged. I'm trying to understand if this is a characteristic of the electrical system with a timeout or if it a precursor of a problem.
That is normal, to save energy!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.