2012.5 Yamaha Golf Cart Problem

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2023, 01:04 PM
Default 2012.5 Yamaha Golf Cart Problem

I am having a problem when driving in the rain. My cart will start to sputter/hesitate upon acceleration and if I come to a stop, when I try to move forward just the starter generator turns but no movement forward. If I pump the gas pedal, eventually I can get the cart to take off but when I stop I'll have the same problem. If the cart sits for a while then it runs fine. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I had sent you a private message, but in case you did not see it, look at the spark plug wire. I do not think the 2012 models had the floor pan in the area of the engine, so water could be splashing up on the wire, causing the intermittent problem. You can probably duplicate the problem by squirting some water on this wire and see what the results are.
This is before EFI, so I do not see any other electrical problem.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:15 AM

Yamaha does not do much to protect the electrical system from water. A hose with a very light spray, onto one thing at a time, will reveal the problem. Perhaps a few other different problems too.
Connectors needing dielectric grease. Spark plug wire needing a new protective boot. Loose wire or bad contact.

This is easy to do. Just takes time and patience.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, problem, forward, stop, sits

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.