2017 Yamaha EFI Gas Carts

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
....If the cart can do 23-24MPH, does it come with a speedometer so the driver can keep it legal on the street?....
The 2017 Yamaha carts at Village Golf Carts have a speedometer; I assume it's standard equipment.
I think that The Village Golf Carts set their carts at 20 MPH.
Not sure, but I assume that's the maximum allowable speed in The Villages for non-street legal carts.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-18-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 PM

Asked the same question to service tech. Told that its more than just sound deadening insulation. New 2017's have re-designed exhaust, muffler, etc. I would have liked an easier solution too.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
That's funny, Rubicon. I had 11550 on my 2014, but then I use my cart for everything except when I have to go off campus for something. Perhaps I could say, "you should get out more often?".
Hey Ted:

Actually I only use my golf cart for golf. Use my car otherwise. Mrs. Rubicon has been pushing me to use the cart more and I have been complying reluctantly

good luck with the new cart sounds like Yamaha has made some headway.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Well I do have an update of sorts. You just won't belief the controversy I started without ever meaning to. So I told you in another post on this thread I called Yamaha Corporate. Innocent enough, asked questions and got information. Then decided to buy at Carts and Clubs. Wrote my sales person in The Villages golf store and thanked him for his help, told him I was buying in Ocala and why. I mentioned the enclosures, the windshield, the 23/24 mpg on the governor, the warranty confirmation from Yamaha. Just the facts. Nice email. Saying thank you and why I chose somewhere else. Now you will notice in my post above I said both places are good to buy from, you just have to decide what is important to you.

Well, I sent the email on Friday to The Villages Golf Car salesperson. Ordered my golf cart on Saturday from Carts and Clubs.

On Monday, I got a call from the sales manager of ALL the golf cart stores in The Villages wanting to know everything that Yamaha Corporation told me, in detail. So I told him, he was very nice but wanted to know the details. He did of course inform me of the legal mileage of 20 which we all know, and discussed the warranty, etc. And told me that The Villages had met with the President of Yamaha in September. He said he was going to call Yamaha corporate.

An hour or so later, I got a call from Yamaha corporate wanting to know who I talked to there, when, what time, how long, what they told me etc. I would say the only area of dispute that they raised with me is that 20 is the legal limit and they would not tell anyone to turn it up to 23/24, which their representative did. The reason they say to turn it up, and Carts and Clubs and the Yamaha representative both stated, is that because the 2017 has a high performance clutch, it will be better for the cart to have the governor set at the higher mileage of 23/24.

The person from Yamaha corporate said they never should have told me that, they are not supposed to say that. I said, well your representative told me its better for the cart and so did Carts and Clubs where you test carts out. So what is the truth I asked? He said he would not comment on this issue.

So I do not know what goes on behind the scenes, but as The Villages Golf Car stores are their biggest client I am sure, it must have caused some dispute or controversy about what I was told, since in The Villages they do not turn them up or service the carts that are set at the higher 23/24. It certainly took me by surprise to get called by the Manager of all the golf cart stores here in The Villages and from the Yamaha Corporate. All I was trying to do was get to the truth and order myself another cart since I sold my other one when I thought we were moving, which we are not. I just was asking questions everyone asks on this forum. Just digging for facts on a Friday. Nothing more.

And a speedometer and gas gauge come with the 2017 as standard equipment. Also if your cart is set to a higher mileage and you want it services at Villages Golf Cart stores, they told me set it down before you bring it in and they will service it. And you turn it up yourself after.

The fact that Yamaha would not comment on if it is better to have the governor set at 23/24 leads me to my own conclusion, I will leave you to form your own.

Last edited by jane032657; 02-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Great information. My conclusion is that the 2017 runs better when the governor is set at 23-24 even though I would recommend never driving it above 20 mph. This is also what C&C told me.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Gold member

Wonder if the Villages test drive every cart for speed before servicing?
It's really just a couple turns on the adjustment nut (10mm wrench) to go from 23 to 20....
Old 02-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Wonder if the Villages test drive every cart for speed before servicing?
It's really just a couple turns on the adjustment nut (10mm wrench) to go from 23 to 20....
They do check the speed of every cart and adjust it to 20 mph while doing the service. They have you sign a form saying they will be doing this.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
If you are going to bring costs into the equation, you need to normalize it so a meaningful comparison can be made. For example, the cost of electricity for an electric cart is approximately 2.5 cents per mile. The cost for gasoline for a contemporary gas cart is approximately 4 cents per mile. However, when you factor in the additional cost per mile for battery replacements for the electric carts, the cost per mile is actually significantly higher for electric carts. For example, a ParCar estimation of battery life equated to an additional cost of approximately 10 cents per mile for an electric cart. Regardless, the cost per mile for either type of cart is insignificant when compared to the initial purchase price. For example, my cart cost over $10K but I only spend about $160 per year to drive it 4000 miles per year.

Regarding your comment about the state of "tune" for gasoline carts, contemporary gasoline carts with electronic fuel injection do not need to be "tuned". The engine operation is "managed" by electronics. The air filter and spark plug will require occasional replacement but there are no adjustments to be made. Those of us who have "tuned" cars in the past (replacing and gapping points, setting dwell and timing, and adjusting the carburetor) will know what I mean.

Also, consider that 80% of the electricity for your electric cart is generated by burning coal and natural gas. I assume you also drive a gasoline powered car?
Don't forget the Nuke Plant in my back yard , built by the low bidder , with all the mysterious shutdowns .

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-18-2017, 11:47 AM
Sage

I recommend you take potassium iodide and wear a dosimeter badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Don't forget the Nuke Plant in my back yard , built by the low bidder , with all the mysterious shutdowns .
Old 03-14-2017, 03:47 PM

The 2017 Yamaha gas cart is quiter then the old ones. But to say there as quiet as an electric cart is not correct at all and it bothers me to see that the villages golf cart is advertising it this way. A gas cart makes engine noise an electric cart is SO much quiter
Old 03-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Dec. notes on service order stated "glass fibers inside exhaust came loose and wasn't catching carbon. Reattached and no more fumes are being released." I love the cart, just wish they could get this straight. This is all new and there are sure to be some things to work out.
Two months have passed .... have all golf cart problems been resolved to your satisfaction?
Old 03-15-2017, 06:40 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I can say that I got my new Yamaha 2017 and just love it. There have not been fume issues, it has nice suspension and is so much quieter. Got it from Carts and Clubs and they did a fantastic job from sales to delivery, plus building the cart I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1048[1].jpg
Views:	295
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	66765   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1047[1].jpg
Views:	298
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	66766  
Old 03-15-2017, 07:37 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Two months have passed .... have all golf cart problems been resolved to your satisfaction?
They told Dad no problem.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
They told Dad no problem.
Does your Dad agree that all problems have been resolved?
Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Default 2017

I bought a 2017 from C&C and am extremely happy with it. No fumes, great ride and VERY quiet. I replaced a 2013 Yamaha.

Tags
cart, golf, gas, yamaha, landing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.