2018 Yamaha Drive2 Quietech golf cart camber.

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2022, 09:01 PM
Default 2018 Yamaha Drive2 Quietech golf cart camber.

Has anyone else had new front struts put on their golf cart to correct the camber issues with the carts. Our 2018 had the top of the tire leaning in enough to be noticeable. I see it on many Yamaha carts but thought it should fixed. Since putting on the new struts the cart seems unstable feeling at times, like it's moving left and right while driving straight down the road. I am thinking about going back to the original struts with the tires leaning in from the top somewhat. There have been a few threads about it but they're all closed now.

Always be humble and kind.

Last edited by TSO/ISPF; 02-22-2022 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-23-2022, 08:44 PM

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
Old 02-23-2022, 10:38 PM

Curious as to why you think the camber, as designed, is an issue?
Old 02-24-2022, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Curious as to why you think the camber, as designed, is an issue?
It has been discussed in a few threads on this board. When you look at many carts running around the villages the front wheels are more or less straight up and down, where the Yamaha's of the 2017-2018 vintage seem to have the top of the tire leaning in (/ \)quite a bit. The newer versions seem to have less of that lean on the front tires. Non-Yamaha don't seem to have this design either.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

One of the most visible impacts of positive camber is that it provides stability. Therefore, it can steer in any direction without much effort. Positive camber can be found mostly on recreational vehicles and agricultural vehicles such as tractors. Moreover, if you are driving on an uneven surface, positive camber will provide the much-desired stability.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
One of the most visible impacts of positive camber is that it provides stability. Therefore, it can steer in any direction without much effort. Positive camber can be found mostly on recreational vehicles and agricultural vehicles such as tractors. Moreover, if you are driving on an uneven surface, positive camber will provide the much-desired stability.
Interesting. Could be Yamaha designs the golf cart for golf course driving more than level streets. I don't know if their PTV carts have less camber. My cart is the original golf course design with upgraded seats, lighting, etc. Maybe putting new struts with less camber has caused this feeling of "instability" when driving on level roads.

Old 02-25-2022, 06:27 AM
Default camber

The probable reason for the wandering feeling is the toe wasn't readjusted when the struts were replaced. I set mine to 1/8 and they drive much better than before. I bet Todd Casey will set it for you.
Old 02-25-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
The probable reason for the wandering feeling is the toe wasn't readjusted when the struts were replaced. I set mine to 1/8 and they drive much better than before. I bet Todd Casey will set it for you.
That alignment was done. What it was set do I couldn't tell you.

Closed Thread

Tags
cart, struts, yamaha, leaning, top

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.