2018 Yamaha QT Battery Replacement

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I bought my '18 Yamaha
Quiet Tech in Feb. of '19. Hard to believe, but it will be 5 years old this winter.

Should I consider replacing the starter battery now, rather than wait until it starts giving me trouble?

If so, what should I replace it with?
Mine was charging at 14.7 but after stopping it read below 10 volts. Also a 2018.. replace battery just as it was dead.
Old 11-19-2023, 10:59 AM

What was the cost$$ ?
Old 11-19-2023, 10:37 PM

Todd Casey replaced Yamaha Battery for $106.50 in driveway on scheduled call
Old 11-20-2023, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I bought my '18 Yamaha
Quiet Tech in Feb. of '19. Hard to believe, but it will be 5 years old this winter.

Should I consider replacing the starter battery now, rather than wait until it starts giving me trouble?

If so, what should I replace it with?
My Yamaha cart’s battery lasted 7 years. Good idea to pull off the caps and check the fluid level once a year, as it will evaporate in the Florida heat. Replace with distilled water as necessary. A couple of stores quoted me prices over $150 for a replacement group 24 battery. Instead I bought a deep cycle marine battery at Sam’s Club for $85. It has three years on it, and works perfectly.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:42 AM
Default Aaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If you have a multi meter or other gauge follow dewi’s advice in post #2. The battery typically won’t just die if you are using the cart daily. Instead you will notice an acceleration lag when starting out from a full stop. Batteries can last anywhere from 3 - 7 years, but once you notice the acceleration lag it’s best to replace it. In general, batteries last longer for full timers that use their carts daily. Snowbirds batteries tend to die faster. Leaving a cart unused in a hot garage for months is hard on a battery, especially if not left on a trickle charger. To replace, just remove it and bring to a place like O’reillys or Autozone and they will get you an appropriate replacement and there is a core charge discount for the old battery. Also, put some battery terminal protection grease on the new batteries terminals before hooking it up. Lastly, I think it’s a little tricky to get the battery out of a quiet tech, it requires removing a side panel to get easier access. Check your owners manual for instructions. Best of luck.
... and to tie into a previous thread about "AAA", I had them change out a battery in my 2014 Yamaha golf cart and it was less than $200. I touched nothing. Something to keep in mind!
Old 12-12-2023, 08:05 PM
Default EFI Battery Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
OP.....on your 2018, there is a protective heat shield next to the battery which you will need to remove. No biggie, just some flexible finders. Always do it when the engine is cool........saves some burning.
I have a '19 and '20 EFI and battery replacement is around the corner. The protective shield that has to be removed appears to have only 2 bolts holding it to the frame. Aside from the wires and fuse holders, is there anything else I should be aware of? Wal-Mart used to sell Everstart batteries made by Interstate and good quality. Thinking of picking up 2 "group 24" and installing myself. What do you think?
Old 12-12-2023, 08:27 PM
Veteran member

Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a group 24 battery? I checked Sams Club and Rural King and they only seem to carry group 24F which has reversed polarity and won't work from what I've been told.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a group 24 battery? I checked Sams Club and Rural King and they only seem to carry group 24F which has reversed polarity and won't work from what I've been told.
I have accidently placed the battery backwards, the connections easily made it to the wrong locations, my point, the "reversed polarity" should not make a difference. Make sure you note the correct polarity, and install the new battery in that direction. The reverse polarity tends to refer to the way the automobile is designed to mount the batteries. The golf carts use an entirely different system.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:51 PM
Sage

Villages Golf Cart Store.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2023, 11:19 PM

Quote:
This will be my next battery: NAPA PROFORMER Battery 18 Months Free Replacement BCI No. 24 550 CCA
Old 12-14-2023, 08:21 AM

If you leave your cart sitting unused for any period of time, invest in a battery tender. They're not expensive and will extend the life of you battery by mantaining it at full charge. I have one on my 2018 Yamaha cart and one on my Polaris SxS back in Indiana. I've used them for years.

My brother is a powersports dealer in Indiana and he uses them for all his motorcycles and hi SxS.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Old 12-14-2023, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If you have a multi meter or other gauge follow dewi’s advice in post #2. The battery typically won’t just die if you are using the cart daily. Instead you will notice an acceleration lag when starting out from a full stop. Batteries can last anywhere from 3 - 7 years, but once you notice the acceleration lag it’s best to replace it. In general, batteries last longer for full timers that use their carts daily. Snowbirds batteries tend to die faster. Leaving a cart unused in a hot garage for months is hard on a battery, especially if not left on a trickle charger. To replace, just remove it and bring to a place like O’reillys or Autozone and they will get you an appropriate replacement and there is a core charge discount for the old battery. Also, put some battery terminal protection grease on the new batteries terminals before hooking it up. Lastly, I think it’s a little tricky to get the battery out of a quiet tech, it requires removing a side panel to get easier access. Check your owners manual for instructions. Best of luck.
A battery can have volts but little amps. Why need load tester.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, battery, replacing, starter, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.