2019 Spark Arrestor off my Quiet Tech

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2023, 01:55 PM
Default 2019 Spark Arrestor off my Quiet Tech

To prevent poor acceleration going forward, I finally got enough courage to remove the spark arrestor on my Quiet Tech as it will eventually carbon up and affect back pressure. It took ~1 hour for the first time proceeding cautiously. The plastic floor skid plate must be removed as well as the exhaust extension. Once you see the arrestor, it can be removed by loosening the clamp bolt a few turns with a pair of needle-nose vice grips....twist the arrestor and off it comes. I'll do my '20 next.
Old 12-16-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyb4me View Post
To prevent poor acceleration going forward, I finally got enough courage to remove the spark arrestor on my Quiet Tech as it will eventually carbon up and affect back pressure. It took ~1 hour for the first time proceeding cautiously. The plastic floor skid plate must be removed as well as the exhaust extension. Once you see the arrestor, it can be removed by loosening the clamp bolt a few turns with a pair of needle-nose vice grips....twist the arrestor and off it comes. I'll do my '20 next.
Next one will only take you 5 minutes
Old 12-16-2023, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, I did ours several years ago. Better acceleration after I did it.
Old 12-16-2023, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,090 Times in 2,750 Posts

I’m going to permanently remove the arrestor on our QT this winter when I have to remove the skid plate anyways to change the oil. Another useless pain in the a$$ piece of waste required to be put on a vehicle thanks to the state of California. It’s kind of like an appendix on a golf cart, no useful function, but it can potentially cause problems.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:24 PM
Default Spark rrestor

Quote:
Tried the same procedure on my '20 QT today but failed to loosen the Allen bolt with the needle nose vice grips and remove. Had to drill out all the mesh....worked fine.
Old 12-17-2023, 07:44 PM
Gold member

Mine was removed by The Villages golf cart store and was covered under warranty.
Old 12-17-2023, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I’m going to permanently remove the arrestor on our QT this winter when I have to remove the skid plate anyways to change the oil. Another useless pain in the a$$ piece of waste required to be put on a vehicle thanks to the state of California. It’s kind of like an appendix on a golf cart, no useful function, but it can potentially cause problems.
The spark arrestor traps hot exhaust particles expelled from the engine, preventing them from causing fires to ground cover. So, not really "Another useless pain in the a$$ piece of waste required to be put on a vehicle thanks to the state of California."
Old 12-17-2023, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,090 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
The spark arrestor traps hot exhaust particles expelled from the engine, preventing them from causing fires to ground cover. So, not really "Another useless pain in the a$$ piece of waste required to be put on a vehicle thanks to the state of California."
I suppose if you’re driving the golf cart in a field with dried cut hay, which could catch on fire, it has a function. For golf carts in the Villages they are useless. If a fire hasn’t been started by all the idiots that throw out cigarette butts, then I wouldn’t worry about removing a spark arrestor.
Closed Thread

Tags
arrestor, quiet, tech, removed, spark

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.