2023 EZGO RXV Elite Convertor DC/DC/36V-48V Internal Short

Old 02-04-2024, 09:40 AM
Default 2023 EZGO RXV Elite Convertor DC/DC/36V-48V Internal Short

Purchased Oct 2022 and recently 2/2 2024 had to take it in for the second time with no lights. USB was working, nothing else. Was going to Glenview CC for golf an hour both ways. No lights, took the car. I play golf three to four times a week and even though grass is not growing much they still cut it. Pick up lots of clippings and not every time I use a hose to clear them off. After the first replacement, replace Convertor DC/DC/36V-48V Cast Alum EZGO Warranty Discount - EZGO MFG, 140$, back on the trail to support my Golf Quest to break 80 consistently, does happen; far to often. The Convertor is near the driver's side front and that seems to be exposed to rain and cleaning as well. Anyone have any issues? No cost to me yet but is an inconvenience. Have over 3400 miles and we are not here full time. I normally average over 30 miles a day. Everything else is fantastic, charges easily, ride is comfortable, 22 max mph, locking brakes are amazing. Had to rent a Yamaha to play and had to be carful so the cart would not back up over my foot on a small incline. I am going to take the front left wheel off and see if I can water proof the box. Any suggestions? Cheers Steve
Old 02-04-2024, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Is the problem is the 12v converter and the accessory lights it powers?

Does the cart run ok?
Old 02-04-2024, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Is the problem is the 12v converter and the accessory lights it powers?

Does the cart run ok?
Yes, the cart runs. Turn singles, all running lights don't work.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

There are other suppliers for DC/DC converters you could look in to one of these, however, I would first check the ratings of the original and replacement unit, and then measure the connected load. Inverters will power an overload for a while and then fail. You will need a digital meter capable of measuring 20 amps and you will need connect this to the 12 VDC output terminals in series with the connected loads, and you will need to turn on ALL of the loads to see if the unit is overloaded.
You should be able to relocate the inverter if you think water is causing the problem.

Last edited by villagetinker; 02-04-2024 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2024, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I should have added, I have all of the equipment to test your dc/dc converter and the amount of connected load. I am just south of 466A, let me know if you would like to get together.

Tags
golf, ezgo, time, convertor, miles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.