Switching tires

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Switching tires

I have a 2010 Star cart and it is in need of new tires. The existing tires are 205 50 10 and I am considering having 205 65 10 tires installed. There appears to be plenty of clearance for the higher profile tires, but I was wondering if there are other issues I am unaware of. Are there any performance or safety issues? I have heard some people say they had 65s on the rear and 50s on the front - is that a good idea, and why? Thanx in advance for your advice.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:09 PM

The 65's will work, no issues.

Old school was smaller on the front, bigger on the back for more speed. That really was not the way to do it, and personally, I don't really like that look.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
The 65's will work, no issues.

Old school was smaller on the front, bigger on the back for more speed. That really was not the way to do it, and personally, I don't really like that look.
Thank you!
Old 03-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,060 Times in 2,538 Posts

The taller tires will rotate less revolution per mile being they are taller. Taller tire will make the cart run faster by maybe 2 mph? The Taller sidewall tire will not be as agile as the shorter wild ones and more side wall may make the bumps little easier. Some Star carts have high low switch on the dash. Low for normal speed (20 mph less and high for FLYING down the path 30 plus. Other than gaining mile or two MPH I doubt you will notice difference.
Closed Thread

Tags
tires, issues, people, 65s, safety

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.