Adding rear seat to Quiet Tech (2017-2019ish)? Powerful enough?

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2023, 06:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Yamaha does not make a different engine for use in their 4 or 6 seat golf carts. It is the same 357cc, 11.4hp engine used in all of their gas carts.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I forgot to add make sure you get and they use the seatbelts on the rear seats, this is very important....
And, buy airline style seatbelts with the buckle in the middle, not automobile style with the buckle on the side. Much easier to use and adjust to different sized riders.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:44 AM

Rear seat kits are not difficult to install. Not all rear seat accessories are universal, make sure you decide what you want before buying a kit, flip seat/deck with storage, armrests, golf bag holders, integrated ice chest, etc. You'll also want to upgrade the rear suspension at the same time if you plan to haul adults. This video covers the suspension upgrades.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0VY61X...ec55bUdavcKNCz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
So in researching used golf carts I see a lot of 2 seaters. Many 4 seaters are overpriced for our needs. Anyhow, I've seen kits to add a rear seat. I'm mechanically inclined, so no issues doing the work.

However, on the Yamaha site it seems the 4 seaters have a more powerful motor. Wondering if anyone's added a rear seat and felt it was sufficiently powered or not? We probably won't often need the rear seat, but when we do it would be nice to have.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:51 AM

Ours is the factory Yamaha PTV 4 seat, it has the high speed gear, the suspension is set up for the weight, top extends over the rear seat, and the seat folds down for carying "stuff". (get gas for distance)

Go to Lake Sumter/Gordons and get a 4 seater, they will take care of you.

Personal Drive 2 | PTV Golf Cart I Yamaha Golf Car | Personal
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	G2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	100068   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	G1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	100069   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	G3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	100070  

Last edited by bcsnave; 09-07-2023 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I forgot to add make sure you get and they use the seatbelts on the rear seats, this is very important....
VillageTinker, did you need to extend your roof over the rear seat? My 2018 doesn't extend over my rear seat per the Yamaha original design for this model. You can purchase roof extensions from Carts and Clubs in Ocala that slide over tracks in the existing roof.
Old 09-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbinienda@yahoo.com View Post
VillageTinker, did you need to extend your roof over the rear seat? My 2018 doesn't extend over my rear seat per the Yamaha original design for this model. You can purchase roof extensions from Carts and Clubs in Ocala that slide over tracks in the existing roof.
We did not get the roof extension, this was overlooked, however, I thank you for the info on the sliding roof extension, I will look into this.
Old 09-06-2023, 08:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Correct. And find up how much it would cost to rent another cart for the rare times when you have guests who want to ride in a golf cart instead of a car.
You can pay to get it done for $1500 all in. Over a span of several years it definitely could pay for itself when a 2 seater golf cart rental is usually at least $175/week. It's also the convenience that you can add a couple passengers in a pinch at any time, and I do like the fact that the seat can fold down flat to create a sort of cargo area.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Yamaha does not make a different engine for use in their 4 or 6 seat golf carts. It is the same 357cc, 11.4hp engine used in all of their gas carts.
I think my reason for thinking it's a different engine is the Yamaha golf cart website build your own shows a 2 seater with standard quiet tech EFI and if you choose the 4 seater, it's called the Adventurer Sport Quiet Tech and is ~$3K more. It doesn't really specify if. the engine is different but it definitely would appear that way to anyone viewing it.

The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
seat, rear, seaters, powerful, motor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.