Adding a seat to a golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2023, 07:55 AM
Default Adding a seat to a golf cart

Has anyone added a fold up seat to make a two person cart a four seater? If so, was it a good idea and who did the installation? Thanks for your input.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:46 AM

Check out this thread from last year. One thing I might add is that unless you are going to use the conversion on a regular basis you are better off just renting a cart when company comes. Also, because you have to put heavier duty shocks in the rear for support the cart will ride very rough with just 2 people in it. Finally, if you are avid golfers, you may not like it as the golf bags ride higher and it is a pain to get the clubs out of the bag.

Help..Converting 2 passenger golf cart to 4 passenger.

Last edited by mrf0151; 03-14-2023 at 08:50 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-14-2023, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Check out this thread from last year. One thing I might add is that unless you are going to use the conversion on a regular basis you are better off just renting a cart when company comes. Also, because you have to put heavier duty shocks in the rear for support the cart will ride very rough with just 2 people in it. Finally, if you are avid golfers, you may not like it as the golf bags ride higher and it is a pain to get the clubs out of the bag.

Help..Converting 2 passenger golf cart to 4 passenger.
I absolutely agree the heavy duty suspension is necessary, and yes it can make the ride rough for one or 2 people we have one of these. As for the golf club mounting, ours at at the exact same height as a standard golf cart, so this might depend on the style of the additional seat.

Finally, there are kits for DIY installations, but I would expect most of the mobile golf cart service companies could do this. Be sure to get the heavy duty suspension, or you will be sorry when you try to transport 4 people.

Tags
seat, cart, adding, good, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.