Annual Golf Cart Safety Inspections

Old 05-07-2024, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,523 Times in 2,577 Posts

In UK, we have had compulsory MOT vehicle (Ministry of Transport) testing since 1960.
Then, cars over ten years of age had to show a test certificate.
Gone down to cars three years from new at present.
Most of the lads in those times were driving total wrecks. We didn't even consider a tire had any wear unless you could see white canvas showing through. We were using racing 'slick tires' years before F1 caught on.
Odd size tires, burning/losing oil, if it started, it was a runner.
Our local garage, who kept all or most of our clunkers running, was made a testing station.
The fee was 15 shilling if you took the car in for testing, or if you preferred not to take the car in, as the majority of us did, it was still 15 shillings, but ten shillings more for the actual certificate.
It made 'Old Danny' a rich man until the Inspectors got tough on him, and us, of course.
Happy days!
Old 05-07-2024, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I surly agree with some of the lights added to carts. They will blind you in daylight.
Last time I read Florida regulations off road lights have to be covered when driving on roads, why called off road lighting. All those add on light bars are off road lighting. But, getting county to enforce would be like finding rear earth metals in our backyards.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,734 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I surly agree with some of the lights added to carts. They will blind you in daylight.
Agree.

Another thing to consider is light color. Blue light destroys night vision, all the more so depending on its intensity. I've encountered a few golf carts at night with such lights. Those blue-tinted LED lights, aside from dazzling oncoming traffic because of their brightness, have the added issue of destroying the night vision of oncoming drivers leaving them disoriented and a danger to themselves or others.
Old 05-28-2024, 06:10 AM

Lived in states with yearly inspections. Was happy to live in Florida, and leave another regulation behind. I can Rember the times before inspections. head lights ,tail lights, smoke from exhausts, and other safety items , were enforced with a summons by the police department. I think that's a deterrent for some who have unsafe vehicles.

Tags
cart, annual, safety, inspections, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.