Anyone seen the E-Z-GO 2Five up close?

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Default Anyone seen the E-Z-GO 2Five up close?

Just read about E-Z-GO's new 2FIVE model now available and wondered if anyone has seen this "up close and personal?" And what their opinions are.

The name comes from being able to go up to 25mph -- has two ranges (up to 14mph for golf course use and up to 25mph for on the street). It has speedometer/odometer and diagnostic built in on the dash, but then it looks like it retails for about $11K. So, it ought to have some bells and whistles.

Web site is

http://www.ezgo.com/2five/

where you download brochure, user manual, and warranty info.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Sage

Thanks for sharing. I was completely unaware EZGO was entering the LSV market. As far as price, I think you can still get a tax credit from Uncle Sam. It is not $5800 like 2009, but I think 10% off price. I do not follow the details on that anymore.

Last edited by ajbrown; 06-30-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Gold member

And of course, you will have to get regular passenger vehicle insurance for it at around $450/yr and register it. You will not be able to just hop in this thing and cruise around TV with low cost golf cart insurance like you can with a standard golf cart.

Last edited by EdV; 07-02-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:41 PM

You're right, Ed....

TV insurance gave me a rough estimate of about $600 to insure a LSV. Though in TOTV some apparently get insurance cheaper, adding $50 plus for tags each year makes it less attractive.

Still, I like the dual range switch on the dash to go from golf course (low speed) to the road (high speed). For those who modify their carts to go above 20, this would be a safer alternative since it is a bit sturdier by design (better brakes, handling etc).
Old 07-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2B View Post
You're right, Ed....

TV insurance gave me a rough estimate of about $600 to insure a LSV. Though in TOTV some apparently get insurance cheaper, adding $50 plus for tags each year makes it less attractive.

Still, I like the dual range switch on the dash to go from golf course (low speed) to the road (high speed). For those who modify their carts to go above 20, this would be a safer alternative since it is a bit sturdier by design (better brakes, handling etc).
this is a copycat of the tomberlin e merge.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Default Lsv's

I own a LSV and I love it, I pay 138.00 for insurance and it cost me 46.65 for a tag. Its sure better that owning a car, even though I do own one.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

copycat of tomberlin, how long has tomberlin been building golf carts, i would guess e z go has been building them for over 50 years....gn
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Tomberlin Does Not Build Golf Carts

Tomberlin designs and manufactures LSVs. These are designed from the ground up as LSVs with significantly better handling, better brakes, improved light kits, etc. To date, EZ-GO, Yamaha, Club Car, etc., are designed as golf carts and then have seat belts, stronger windshields, and a higher speed governor installed. There is no question that EZ-GO has more experience in building golf carts, but Tomberlin has more experience in building LSVs.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Default ezgo 2five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2B View Post
Just read about E-Z-GO's new 2FIVE model now available and wondered if anyone has seen this "up close and personal?" And what their opinions are.

The name comes from being able to go up to 25mph -- has two ranges (up to 14mph for golf course use and up to 25mph for on the street). It has speedometer/odometer and diagnostic built in on the dash, but then it looks like it retails for about $11K. So, it ought to have some bells and whistles.

Web site is

http://www.ezgo.com/2five/

where you download brochure, user manual, and warranty info.
its a tomberlin emerge wanna be! just more money
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Sage

I hear the supposed disadvantage of an LSV being the $450 or so insurance cost.

But for some people who want (or need) to get to the 'other' side of TV more quickly, the LSV is a good alternative. You get to be on the road doing 25mph in a more straight line and you can put it into slow mode and use on the golf course.

I'm not saying it's everyone's cup of tea but for me, who might be working at TVRH on the other side of the campus from my house, it might save me the cost of an extra car.

Just my 2C.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Russ, from your village to the hospital in a golf cart is around 20-25 minutes using the cart paths. Maybe 15-20 by car. So at most 5 minute difference and I would doubt a LSV would improve that by much. How long is your commute in Boston? Having lived there a couple times, my guess is longer. I would test it a few times using the trails before going the extra $$$ for a LSV. Having seen a few accidents and how people drive cars around there, I really question the wisdom of driving a very small LSV on the same roads as cars and trucks.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:31 AM

The EZ go is made in the USA the Tomberlin is made in China with headquarters in GA. Should be reason enough for Americans to buy American
Old 07-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Default ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
The EZ go is made in the USA the Tomberlin is made in China with headquarters in GA. Should be reason enough for Americans to buy American
reason for buying should be for quality not where its made!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
reason for buying should be for quality not where its made!
Agreed. That's how I spend my hard earned $$'s.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 AM

I can't believe that with the way this country needs jobs that anyone that calls himself an American can justify buying an Asian product when there is an alternative that is just as well made and keeps the money and jobs in this country. How about buying a quality?????? Toyota??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.