Atomic cart owners….info requested

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Default Atomic cart owners….info requested

I am considering the purchase of an Atomic golf cart and hoping that some of the existing Atomic owners are willing to share some information. More specifically, I would like to know….

1). Did you purchase with the lithium upgrade?
2). Did you consider purchasing with the lead -acid batteries and then upgrade to lithium yourself?
3). How many batteries are actually in your cart and what are their specs and manufacturer?

Thank you in advance
Old 07-01-2023, 03:56 PM

I did 2. What a difference the lithium makes. When I bought a year ago the wait for lithium was about 9 months. My only complaint is length of time it takes to charge. The system is 60v, I think the lithium is one unit, so with gel batteries it would be 5.
Old 07-01-2023, 05:20 PM

We have a 2016 Atomic Coupe so had the original batteries replaced with lithium. Best move we ever made. They are great! I would be a little nervous buying lithium and installing myself. LIthium is a little dangerous if you are unfamiliar with all its little nuances.

By the way, there is a facebook group -Atomic Cool Kartz Owners. This is not affiliated with the Atomic Dealer. You may have to ask to join. Good place to maybe ask your question.
Old 07-02-2023, 05:42 AM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Atomic cars should be banned. They are NOT golf carts.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
We have a 2016 Atomic Coupe so had the original batteries replaced with lithium. Best move we ever made. They are great! I would be a little nervous buying lithium and installing myself. LIthium is a little dangerous if you are unfamiliar with all its little nuances.

By the way, there is a facebook group -Atomic Cool Kartz Owners. This is not affiliated with the Atomic Dealer. You may have to ask to join. Good place to maybe ask your question.
Great info. Can you please let me know the total cost of the new lithium batteries. Are they to last longer than the gel batteries? They should be huge weight reduction.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy8432 View Post
I am considering the purchase of an Atomic golf cart and hoping that some of the existing Atomic owners are willing to share some information. More specifically, I would like to know….

2). Did you consider purchasing with the lead -acid batteries and then upgrade to lithium yourself?
3). How many batteries are actually in your cart and what are their specs and manufacturer?

Thank you in advance
Don’t let one hater change your mind. They are legal and the best value out there. PM if you have any further questions.
Old 07-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

Funny, but mine works just fine on the golf course.
Old 07-03-2023, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

I am not a fan for these little cars , personally I think they are ridicules form of transportation.For really old folks might be an option instead of open air golf cart.
Old 07-03-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:

Thank you in advance
I have owned the cart since 2017
I started with lead acid and recently upgraded to lithium
I would upgrade the cart handles better and the distance you can travel with a/c on is incredible
Atomic installed the batteries I have found them to be honest and reliable
Old 07-03-2023, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

We test drove 1 and compared it to the Yamaha. The atomic are very cool looking but that’s it. The price when we looked was $3,000 more than the Yamaha for acid batteries then you had to upgrade to lithium for a few more thousands. Then we drove 1 and they are cheaply made. It did go faster, has the doors, air, etc.. but wasn’t the same quality as the Yamaha.
Lithium is the better way to go vs acid batteries but you have a few issues with any electric cart: it better be charged because if you get across town and you run out of juice, you’re screwed. The range on electric carts is very low vs Yamaha gas mile range.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Atomic cars should be banned. They are NOT golf carts.
There's always someone...that reinforces the old saying "get a life"
Old 07-03-2023, 07:03 AM
Default Atomic Carts

Quote:

Thank you in advance
A friend of mine bought a pre-owned cart with lead acid batteries. He just completed the upgrade to Lithium and it makes all the difference in the world. He also had Atomic get it "street legal" so he can drive it on roads with posted speeds of 35 mph, or less (Buena Vista, Morse, parts of Warm Springs, Meggison). Air conditioned, heated, windshield wipers, radio and 30 mph - he loves it in all seasons. He does not use it for golf, though, Yamaha is his cart of choice.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver.bullet View Post
Great info. Can you please let me know the total cost of the new lithium batteries. Are they to last longer than the gel batteries? They should be huge weight reduction.
Cost was over 3k to replace the batteries in my coupe. They told me the cart is 400 pounds lighter. It does have a lot more zip! There is, I believe, a 5 year warranty on the batteries. Probably need a couple of years before we find out how long they actually last. After almost a year, I do not see any differences in performance from when they were new.

We really enjoy the Atomic on bad weather/hot days. We also have a Yamaha that we use for the nice days. We do not use the Atomic to golf but do have the golf attachments.

I really also trust the people at Atomic. They have only been honest to me in all the years I have owned an Atomic!
Old 07-03-2023, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

What about price for a Lithium?
Old 07-03-2023, 08:45 AM

I have a 2020 Atomic coupe with regular batts. They died exactly 3 yrs later. I then bought lithium batt in Feb of this year. Cost incl. tax = $3,830.60. They should last 8-10 years and you can drive up to 90 miles on a charge.

Tags
atomic, cart, batteries, upgrade, lithium

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.