Audible Turn Signal Advice

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2022, 10:46 AM
Default Audible Turn Signal Advice

Looking for insight on how to add an audible turn signal clicker to my 2018 gas Yamaha cart. My mirrors render the turn signal when flashing but I sometimes forget to turn them off or inadvertently switch them on. I’ve studied the wiring diagram from Yamaha and found a couple of sites selling devices that do this but I’m unsure of the best way to proceed. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 02-26-2022, 10:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Isn't there a flasher attached to the turn signal wiring? Flasher on my cart has audible signal which by the way is irritating. I bought LED strip lights and installed them along window frame and wired into the turn signal circuit. Very visible to me and oncoming traffic.
Old 02-26-2022, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,155 Times in 2,250 Posts

OP, many of the newer golf carts have an electronic module that controls the brake lights and the turn signals. I believe the easiest way to do this will be to buy a 12 volt DC beeper, and 2 50 volt (1 amp) or higher diodes. One diode goes to the right turn signal, and one to the left turn signal, and the other ends go to the beeper which also connects to the battery negative. In this manner, when either turn signal is active, the beeper sounds off, and there is no interference with the other turn signal.
I am a retired electrical engineer, I believe I have the diodes in stock but not the beeper, send me a PM if you would like some help.
Old 02-26-2022, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, many of the newer golf carts have an electronic module that controls the brake lights and the turn signals. I believe the easiest way to do this will be to buy a 12 volt DC beeper, and 2 50 volt (1 amp) or higher diodes. One diode goes to the right turn signal, and one to the left turn signal, and the other ends go to the beeper which also connects to the battery negative. In this manner, when either turn signal is active, the beeper sounds off, and there is no interference with the other turn signal.
I am a retired electrical engineer, I believe I have the diodes in stock but not the beeper, send me a PM if you would like some help.
I just logged in to say, VT, you are such a kind man.
Old 03-03-2022, 03:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

I recently bought a 2002 Club Car from a bud. My wife tells me that the turn signals do have an audio alarm.
I wonder what they sound like.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:27 PM
Veteran member

Why the diodes? Mine are wired directly. One to ground and one to hot that feeds the blinker.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
Why the diodes? Mine are wired directly. One to ground and one to hot that feeds the blinker.
The older carts with the old-style electromechanical blinker are wired as you stated, actually the blinker has a third terminal just for the beeper function, the newer carts use an electronic module that controls the lights directly, and to my knowledge do NOT have a wire for the beeper function. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the wiring diagram
for these modules.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

Just wire the blinkers to horn!
Old 03-03-2022, 10:40 PM
Sage

I did some research, and so far all of the newer solid state self cancelling turn signals have wires onlty for the front and rear turn signals, and no additional wires for the beeper. If you wired BOTH of the turn signals to the beeper, then you will no longer have turn signals as BOTH left and right will light at the same time, hence the reason for the diodes.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

I have two piezo buzzers (amazon), each wired in parallel with the signal lights on either side. Why wouldn't that work on any cart?

Quote:
I did some research, and so far all of the newer solid state self cancelling turn signals have wires onlty for the front and rear turn signals, and no additional wires for the beeper. If you wired BOTH of the turn signals to the beeper, then you will no longer have turn signals as BOTH left and right will light at the same time, hence the reason for the diodes.
Old 03-04-2022, 08:10 AM

Look for motorcycle turn signal buzzer on ebay. The one I got already had the diodes installed. $10.95 free shipping. Way to loud, but a little tape over the buzzer hole and nice and quiet for a quiet electric cart.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Look for motorcycle turn signal buzzer on ebay. The one I got already had the diodes installed. $10.95 free shipping. Way to loud, but a little tape over the buzzer hole and nice and quiet for a quiet electric cart.
Excellent idea, I did not think of that, thank you.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:47 AM
Gold member

TVGC will install turn signal buzzers for like 20 bucks.
The buzzers are more attention-getting than lights...unless you are deaf.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
TVGC will install turn signal buzzers for like 20 bucks.
The buzzers are more attention-getting than lights...unless you are deaf.
I thought buzzers were for the blind drivers!
Old 03-11-2022, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnInTwo View Post
Looking for insight on how to add an audible turn signal clicker to my 2018 gas Yamaha cart. My mirrors render the turn signal when flashing but I sometimes forget to turn them off or inadvertently switch them on. I’ve studied the wiring diagram from Yamaha and found a couple of sites selling devices that do this but I’m unsure of the best way to proceed. Any advice is appreciated.
I will be glad to help you, as noted above, we could install 2 buzzers, or one buzzer with 2 diodes, not a big project, either I or you would need to get the parts, I can do the install.

Tags
turn, signal, audible, yamaha, advice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.