Noisy Club Car

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Platinum member
Default Noisy Club Car

After doing research on gas carts, I purhcased a 2015 Club Car Precident EFI. Part of the reason was the quite engine. This is ture, the engine is the quite. It is everything else that is noisy. The drive train sounds like I am tumbling screws. It has been checked and nothing is wrong.

I am thinking about putting some sound deadening material in the engine compartmnet. I am looking to see if others have done this and to what success?
Old 08-09-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
After doing research on gas carts, I purhcased a 2015 Club Car Precident EFI. Part of the reason was the quite engine. This is ture, the engine is the quite. It is everything else that is noisy. The drive train sounds like I am tumbling screws. It has been checked and nothing is wrong.

I am thinking about putting some sound deadening material in the engine compartmnet. I am looking to see if others have done this and to what success?
I was able to reduce the engine/drivetrain noise from my 2008 EzGo RXV by installing foam sound-deadening material to the bottom side of the seat and lining the engine compartment. I installed materials specifically designed for use in engine compartments. It's available from Sound-Away. I bought the material that has a self-adhesive back, Product Code: 15014. Here's a link to the website.
Soundproofing Closed Cell Foam Mat blocks and absorbs sound

Last edited by Bobs GolfCart Speedometer; 08-09-2015 at 06:59 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OK, I am NOT a golf cart expert, however, I have lots of experience with cars. I would, if possible, look into the drive train (oil or fluid drain/fill holes) for foreign matter. A loose screw can make a lot of noise, and should leave lots of evidence of it banging around, small pieces of metal, etc. It may also be possible that you have a loose mounting bolt somewhere in the drive train, that is allowing parts to move and make noise when the cart is in motion. If you can find a hill, try riding the cart down the hill without the engine running, this might give you an idea of where the noise is coming from.
A good inspection by one of the local experts could also be in order. Let us know what you find.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Gold member

We have our lanai on Pinellas and I can tell you there are some deafening gas carts out there!! I honestly don't think it would be possible to hold a conversation while riding in one of them.

We also see many gas carts that are much quieter. This runs across all brands. There must be something that works "after market" to quiet them down. There is seriously a world of difference. Some you can hear coming from 2 blocks away and some have just a dull engine noise only as they pass. some sound as if they are straining so hard, they sound like a car that needs to change out of 1st gear.

We drive electric carts and I will say there is a world of difference. The electric carts simply breeze by silently!

And as an owner of electric carts, we can always have discrete conversations. Some of the gas drivers who pass us are really yelling to their occupant as they pass, because the cart is so loud. We can hear that part of their conversation inside our home!

Good luck finding the system to quiet your cart! Or you could look at an electric.....
Old 08-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We have our lanai on Pinellas and I can tell you there are some deafening gas carts out there!! I honestly don't think it would be possible to hold a conversation while riding in one of them.

We also see many gas carts that are much quieter. This runs across all brands. There must be something that works "after market" to quiet them down. There is seriously a world of difference. Some you can hear coming from 2 blocks away and some have just a dull engine noise only as they pass. some sound as if they are straining so hard, they sound like a car that needs to change out of 1st gear.

We drive electric carts and I will say there is a world of difference. The electric carts simply breeze by silently!

And as an owner of electric carts, we can always have discrete conversations. Some of the gas drivers who pass us are really yelling to their occupant as they pass, because the cart is so loud. We can hear that part of their conversation inside our home!

Good luck finding the system to quiet your cart! Or you could look at an electric.....
We have an electric as well. The batteries are getting old and trying to nurse them along. We use the electric as a grocery gatherer and for shorter trips. I certainly agree the electric is much more favorable to conversations.

I am just disappointed with the noise of the Club Car.

Tags
engine, noisy, club, car, putting, wrong, checked, thinking, success, deadening, sound, material, compartmnet, drive, purhcased, precident, efi, carts, gas, research, part, train, sounds, tumbling, reason

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.