Which is the BEST driving cart

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts
Default Which is the BEST driving cart

Looking for an electric cart and Mom wants the best RIDE and Dad wants the best driving. Help me help them! Looking at used if possible.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,779 Times in 3,646 Posts

I would suggest stopping at Village Discount Golf Car on 466.......they have many years and models and you can drive them.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Ezgo electric
Old 11-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Looking for an electric cart and Mom wants the best RIDE and Dad wants the best driving. Help me help them! Looking at used if possible.
Comment: We got EZGO from AGC carts in Wildwood. Be sure it is the group that was near Bonefish Grill. We hear that on 466 just east of Morse is the cart shop that is local and well liked. Be VERY careful.
Be sure for the first year, they come to you at no cost.
Uh, there are other things, a lot to consider and be very careful. If a local salesperson tells you something, remember this IT IS HIS OPINION AND IT MAY BE WORTHLESS.
We are very happy with our EZGO and the service from
AGC carts, again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Be patient and careful.TAKE YOUR TIME. Also look in the paper and on the TOTV website for by owner.

bbbbbb
Old 11-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
You are going to get so many opinions but in the end, you'd have to drive them to see what you like.
We've been here 13 years, mostly we liked our Club Cars the best. They just fit us right, were comfortable, responsive and reliable.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Our 2016 EZGo has really good suspension and is fun to drive compared to our 2017 Yamaha quiet tek gas cart. You can customize the seats. We’ve rode in ones with the adjustable bucket seats and those are very comfortable.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Mrs Fox's E-Z-GO drives very smoothly, whereas my Par Car is a bit more jerky. We both have standard size wheels/tires.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
All the above plus the safest! Tomberlin Emerge
Old 11-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Must be a reason why Yamaha is the most prevalent cart in the villages
Old 11-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Gold member
Default You will of course get a million different opinions

Quote:
FOR MINE-sounds like your parents are quite capable of making their own decision. Do you really want to insert yourself into this debate? Riding in the nonexistent middle seat while they discuss you got the cart YOU WANTED AND........

None of the golf carts handle like a sports car or ride like a land cruiser car.

Having said that seats as well as tires make a big difference.

We've driven two 2017 Yamaha gas carts. They were loaners from Village Golf Carts. Once for an oil change, once for a repair. They were completely different. One was great handling the other was disturbing at best to drive. The bad one, went from understeer at the start of a turn to oversteer half way through a turn. REASON-I don't know. Tires???

Far are repairs form Villages Golf cart WE HAVE BEEN THRILLED. Great that they supply a loaner for a service as inexpensive as an oil change. The other time, our gold cart just stopped. They picked up our gold cart and brought it in charge was $20, The repair was a starter solenoid labor and diagnostic $18.00 part (solinoid-relay) abt $49.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

Best to get two carts.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
All I can say regarding the best ride is this: SPLURGE on luxury seats. (Plastic seats are horrible.) They're well worth it although expensive.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
You are a great son. I think you may be on Mission Impossible. I remember your trials last year on the hunt for the correct cart. I wish you the best.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You are a great son. I think you may be on Mission Impossible. I remember your trials last year on the hunt for the correct cart. I wish you the best.
I agree. We ask our sons for their help/guidance frequently. They have more current knowledge in certain areas that we don't. They ask us for guidance on things we have more experience on. Works out well!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:06 PM

We have a 2012 ezgo electric and and 2017 yamaha. They both have strong points. The ezgo is better for my wife as she is 5' tall and fits better in the ezgo. She has to sit forward to reach the pedals in the yamaha. The electric accelerates far better than the gas cart and has no slow down on hills. We have upgraded seats in both carts. As for pure comfort, we had a 2000 Club Car ds and is was by far the easiest driving cart and very comfortable with just a standard seat. We use our ezgo for a lot of things, but mostly use the yamaha for golf as we usually go for food afterwards. We've driven almost 40 miles a couple of times and I feel more confident with the gas cart. That's not to say we haven't gone close to that in the ezgo or the club car we used to have. I wouldn't buy a 4- 12v battery configuration under any circumstances.
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, cart, ride, electric, mom

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.