Best way to sell

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Default Best way to sell

We have been snow-flakes for the last three years but this is our last winter in Maine as we will become snow birds at the end of this year. We bought a used cart a couple of years ago that we found in an ad in The Daily Sun. When we come back in the fall we plan to buy a new cart and since we can't see leaving the old cart in the garage until then we thought we should sell it at the end of our next visit in March. We really don't want to deal with newspaper ads and haggling over price so we wondered if anybody has ever dealt with some of the many people who advertise in the paper that they buy carts. I know that Jim Followell buys carts since he was the one who told me about the cart we bought. What we wonder about is are the prices these people offer so low as to make the deal to hard to swallow. The cart we have is a 2000 Yamaha gas that was remanufactured in 2005 and is in excellent condition. I also considered asking the Vllages Golf Cart Store if they would take it in trade now for a purchase in the fall and that way I would avoid sales tax on that portion of the sale. The only problem with that is I would be locked into buying from them.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:05 PM

I'd suggest taking a few pictures and shopping around the new cart dealers to see what they're offering. Tack on the sales taxes you would be saving from a trade-in, plus a little more for haggling and post the cart on TOTV for sale.

Be sure to add the pictures and price in your ad. Yammies hold their value pretty well, and they usually run for ever. The new Yamahas are fuel injected BTW.

First time home owners or landlords are always looking for entry level priced carts. Also sounds like a good choice for a second cart.

Post it on here and see if there is any interest, with the stipulation of closing the deal at the end of your stay.

You can try the ads that buy carts outright, but I think you'll be lowballed fairly often. Just my .02 worth.

Good luck.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 PM

2 or 4 seater??
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

If your cart is in decent shape I wouldn't trade it in unless you just don't want to bother selling it yourself. I advertised our cart here on Talk of The Villages and ended up getting almost 3 X what The Villages offered us for a trade. The trade-in price was much better at Carts and Clubs in Ocala, where we purchased our new Yamaha, but even at that I got almost 2 X their offer. I think there is a very big market here for used carts in great condition. Take a few photos and post 2 or 3 with your ad.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM

It's a 2 seater and maybe I will post it here for sale but right now I'm in Maine and the cart is in The Villages so taking pictures is not happening right now. I still can't figure out how to price it,there are no books for golf carts
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 AM

Posted by mistake for neighbors golf cart issues

Last edited by Bubbalarry; 02-14-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I'm surprised Bubbalarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalarry View Post
we have had a golf cart for sale for over a year. we have found very little interest and the few that come offewr so little it is as joke. the villages golf cart offered even less . lots of luck I have given up andconcidering donation to good will.
I know that your cart is in great condition like your little "baby" Benz! You should try again!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I know that your cart is in great condition like your little "baby" Benz! You should try again!
HOWS MY LITTLE RED WAGON SL500 DOING?

WIFE POSTED THIS FOR OUR NEIGHBORS CART THAT WAS FOR SALE. THEY TRADED IT IN YESTERDAY.

SHE DIDN'T WANT TO POST ON MY FOR SALE THREAD BUT DIDN'T REALIZE THAT WHAT SHE WAS SAYING ON TOTV IN ANOTHER READ WOULD SHOW MY BUBBALARRY NAME ON THAT THREAD CONFUSING BUYERS.

DUE TO TV YAMAHA AGENT GIVING ME DIFFERENT $$$'s MY CART IS NOT FOR SALE.

Last edited by Bubbalarry; 02-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.