Buying Used Golf Cart- Dealer or Private Sale?

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2022, 02:50 PM
Default Buying Used Golf Cart- Dealer or Private Sale?

I assume I'll pay more at a dealer, but do they offer a warranty- or other services to buyers? I'm concerned about buying a piece of junk via a private sale, but the lower price and the fact that many folks are selling good carts is tempting.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
I assume I'll pay more at a dealer, but do they offer a warranty- or other services to buyers? I'm concerned about buying a piece of junk via a private sale, but the lower price and the fact that many folks are selling good carts is tempting.
Agree dealers do offer a warranty. Golf carts are very simple and reliable and in most cases they are not needed. Personal experience is that most used carts are expensive considering their age. If a new cart cost 14-15K, I would not pay 7-8K for an over 5 year old cart. If it is an old piece of junk, I would think that it is over 10 years old. Look to buy a new cart outside of TV. Bought a 2020 Quitech and paid $12,500 including tax from Country Power in Webster. At that time TV was selling same cart for $14,000+. Used 1-2 year old carts were selling for +/- 11k at time. If buying gas make sure it has EFI. In TV carts do hold their value. In last 2 years they have appreciated.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:09 PM

A golf cart is, as previously stated, a simple machine - a fancy garden tractor if you will. Main maintenance is occasionally changing the oil which most people do every year (much more than a garden tractor which will run virtually forever without new oil).

A used golf cart that has been garaged for its entire life is probably just as sound mechanically as a new one. I bought a used 2013 Yamaha in 2015 and its in the same fine condition today as when I bought it.

JMHO
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, dealer, private, sale, junk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.