Can I reach the golf cart pedals??

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 PM

I am 5'2" and have to use pillows to reach the pedals enough to go faster than 10 miles an hour or so. My friend is also short and could not reach the pedals. Her husband built a pedal extender for her. Does anyone know if I can buy a pedal extender in TV that I can remove from the pedal when I leave?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Sage

My Mom has one of those vinyl cushions with the L-shaped bar that snaps over the back cushion. It's easy and works great.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 PM

I too am verically challenged! I tried out the Yamaha, both gas and electric, neither were comfortable for me to drive. I then tried out some of the Club Carts - I could almost comfortably drive the DS model (and ONLY that model). Then I went to Columbia Par Car and tried out their models with the standard bench seat, it wasn't until I tried out their movable bucket seat that I finally felt comfortable attempting to drive the cart. For me it wasn't just the distance of my foot, but also the stretch of reaching the steering wheel!

We just had our Par Car delivered today and I love it! If you want more info PM me.
Kim

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Sage

Thank you everyone. Your responses have been very helpful. I want to feel comfortable while driving my cart and your suggestions will make that possible.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Location: Living in Buttonwood. lived in New York our entire lives.
Default Golf Cart edals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I'm hoping you can answer a question. I am only 5'1". Will I be able to comfortably reach the pedals on my golf cart to drive it? I know when purchasing a car, I buy one mostly because I can reach the pedals with ease. The seat has to go up far enough for me. In a cart, this could be a challenge, couldn't it?? I don't think the seats are adjustable.
I am just 5'!'. I have tried the pillows and they're not comfortable for me. I still feel a pulling in my lower back from stretching my leg to reach the gas pedal. My husband attached a 2x4 block of wood to the pedal and it works perfectly. Hoe this helps. Trish
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Sage

I'm untall. I find my Columbia Par Car extremely comfortable and safe without additional pillows (Elite bucket seats).
Old 02-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts
Default We faced the same problem

DW is 5'0 on a tall day. We sat in and drove every non-Chinese brand. She found the parcar's pedals to be very uncomfortable as they put her foot at a bad angle. By far the most comfortable, allowing her heel to be on the ground was the EZGO. Now when she drives she is not seated back but there is no leg or foot fatigue. So it is not just reaching the pedals but check how your foot is positioned as that too was a very important factor
Old 02-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
My Mom has one of those vinyl cushions with the L-shaped bar that snaps over the back cushion. It's easy and works great.
I'm 5'5". I had one of those cushions that snapped over back cushion with the golf cart in first house I rented in TV last year, and it was a big help. The second golf cart with the second rental last year didn't have a cushion, and I missed that cushion. I went to the TV golf cart store in Lake Sumter Landing to ask about the price of these cushions -- I believe the sales man said approx. $100 -- too much to spend for a week's rental, but if I was a frog or a snowbird, I would spend the money.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 02-04-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Punctuation and typo
Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM

I put two pillows behind me and then I could reach the pedals.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Gold member

We just got back from the LSV and my wife who is 5'2" had to scoot up in the seat to reach the pedals. I have a stress fracture in my right foot so she did the driving. She may prop a pillow on the seat back when we buy a cart.

If I remember reading you will be in Sanibel? If so we will be right around the corner in Fernindina sometime this summer.

We have driven GEM cars and like them but it seems they may be only driven on the streets so I need further clarification. Otherwise Yamaha EFI model.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofsalt@comcast.net View Post
I put two pillows behind me and then I could reach the pedals.
I see this is your first post so to TOTV.

I seemed to have shrunk so I guesss I might need pedal extensions or a pillow.

Can one get a cart with an adjustable seat?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I'm 5'5". I had one of those cushions that snapped over back cushion with the golf cart in first house I rented in TV last year, and it was a big help. The second golf cart with the second rental last year didn't have a cushion, and I missed that cushion. I went to the TV golf cart store in Lake Sumter Landing to ask about the price of these cushions -- I believe the sales man said approx. $100 -- too much to spend for a week's rental, but if I was a frog or a snowbird, I would spend the money.
I'm also a shorty, and I bought one of those booster backs from the Yamaha dealer; it matches my sunbrella fabric, and it hooks over the top of the seat. After using it a year or so I discovered that if I hooked it UNDER the seat back (so the hooks face up... you have to insert it at an angle) it works even better! That's the only way I use it now. It supports my lower back, and I'm much more comfortable driving the golf cart.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
I'm also a shorty, and I bought one of those booster backs from the Yamaha dealer; it matches my sunbrella fabric, and it hooks over the top of the seat. After using it a year or so I discovered that if I hooked it UNDER the seat back (so the hooks face up... you have to insert it at an angle) it works even better! That's the only way I use it now. It supports my lower back, and I'm much more comfortable driving the golf cart.
Thanks for the tip Judy! I have the same type cushion and I will try it your way.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
Thanks for the tip Judy! I have the same type cushion and I will try it your way.
Halle, did you try it yet?
It was a little strange getting used to it, but it seemed to make a huge difference to me for long distances. Hope it works for you.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Gold member

I'm 4'11 and had no problem driving on our lsv.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.