Chitty chitty bang bang...

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Default Chitty chitty bang bang...

One cylinder, chug chug...Notice how overpriced these new golf cars are....Fred Flintstone engineering, in engine, suspension, frame, brakes....Now look, at other new ATVs of the same price.. Two or more cylinders, overhead cams, larger wheels tires , sophisticated suspension, disc brakes, on and on..

P.S. not on a budget,,Just dreaming.. Say if, Polaris made a golf course accepted cart..how advanced it would be to have a well oiled machine, to square hop!..This, to justify the $15K plus..

Last edited by Villagevip; 10-22-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
One cylinder, chug chug...Notice how over priced these golf cars are....Basic engineering in engine, suspension, frame, brakes.. Fred Flintstone...Now look at other ATVs of the same price, two or more cylinders, overhead cams, larger wheels tires , sophisticated suspension, disc brakes, on and on...Thinking this is a case of senior abuse...

Yep your right. Smart people buy used, those who buy new are the self abusers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
One cylinder, chug chug...Notice how over priced these golf cars are....Basic engineering in engine, suspension, frame, brakes.. Fred Flintstone...Now look at other ATVs of the same price.. Two or more cylinders, overhead cams, larger wheels tires , sophisticated suspension, disc brakes, on and on...Thinking, this is a case of senior abuse...

yeah, yeah. yeah.

What did you buy?

Here is a picture of ours. We bought it used nine years ago.

We now have two but this one still gets around fine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_5360.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	70661  
Old 08-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
One cylinder, chug chug...Notice how over priced these golf cars are....Basic engineering in engine, suspension, frame, brakes.. Fred Flintstone...Now look at other ATVs of the same price.. Two or more cylinders, overhead cams, larger wheels tires , sophisticated suspension, disc brakes, on and on...Thinking, this is a case of senior abuse...
Since this being just your third post, comments like yours are a breath of fresh air. It's not many Villagers in their later years who can tote a bag of clubs and walk an 18 hole golf course anymore, everybody wants to drive a cart everywhere. That's the attitude, but just do me one favor, when I come up behind you in my cart I appreciate if I can just play through. Walkers do slow the game down, but we appreciate the effort.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:

I agree, but are ATV's allowed on the golf courses? And will I need to take the hunting rifle holster off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:

What's your point???
Old 08-01-2017, 08:24 PM

Still looks new Gracie!
Old 08-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
What's your point???
IMO Depending on where or what you buy, they are overpriced with Lawnmower engine in them. Profit margin got to be around 60% plus? New golf carts reminds me of New Boats. 50% lost after the first year use IMO of course.

I will admit my little yamahahopper runs like top I got for half price.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Sage
Default Chitty chitty bang bang...

We picked up a used 2015 fuel injected Yami 4 seater last July with all the bells and whistles. Original owner paid $15.8K with tax. I paid him 8K, no sales tax. DON'T BUY NEW. Deprecation is worse than anything on 4 wheels !

Old 08-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
We picked up a used 2015 fuel injected Yami 4 seater last July with all the bells and whistles. Original owner paid $15.8K with tax. I paid him 8K, no sales tax. DON'T BUY NEW. Deprecation is worse than anything on 4 wheels !

Not worried about depreciation. Love the new smell.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Not worried about depreciation. Love the new smell.
Same here, as well as the warranty.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You can get a brand new 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech EFI Golf Cart for $7495 at Knight Rides in Alabama and free delivery to TV. Here's what you get;

The Villages Florida

The 4 Seater is $7995;

The Villages Florida

New Cart Sales | Knight Rides Yamaha Golf Cars and Carts

If you want to work with a dealer closer to TV, in Webster about 15 miles south of TV is I-4 Power Equipment. They advertise new 2017 Yamaha EFI Carts in stock for $2,000 less than TV.

2017 Gas Carts

After you have purchased a new Yamaha from I-4 or Knight Ride, you can have it delivered to Villages Discount Golf Cars on CR466 and for use in TV you'll want to add sideview and rearview mirrors, Sunbrella enclosure, floor mat, sand bottle if you play golf, and if you require, upgrade your seats. They advertise on their website these new cart upgrade packages. Then your cart will look like this;

Village Discount Golf Car

The Villages Florida
Old 08-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Sage

The level of technology is fine - it is a golf cart. You don't need more than one cylinder or overhead cams to get you around on the golf course or the MMPs at 20 mph. Overhead cams offer advantages at high RPMs - this is not really an issue with golf cart engines. They also are more complex and thus more costly than the simpler and proven overhead valve designs that are used in golf cart engines. The latest Yamahas have independent front and rear suspensions. I am not sure what additional level of sophistication you are looking for in the suspension. The one place where they could be improved would be brakes on all four wheels. My Yamaha has a wet disk brake on the rear wheels only. These things are rugged and bulletproof. If you really want something that has more whistles and bells, look at Atomic carts.

Quote:
One cylinder, chug chug...Notice how over priced these new golf cars are....Basic engineering in engine, suspension, frame, brakes.. Fred Flintstone...Now look at other new ATVs of the same price.. Two or more cylinders, overhead cams, larger wheels tires , sophisticated suspension, disc brakes, on and on..

P.S. not on a budget,,Just dreaming, say if, Polaris made a golf course accepted cart..how advanced it would be, to justify the $15K plus..

Last edited by biker1; 08-02-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
One cylinder, chug chug...Notice how over priced these new golf cars are....Basic engineering in engine, suspension, frame, brakes.. Fred Flintstone...Now look at other new ATVs of the same price.. Two or more cylinders, overhead cams, larger wheels tires , sophisticated suspension, disc brakes, on and on..

P.S. not on a budget,,Just dreaming, say if, Polaris made a golf course accepted cart..how advanced it would be, to justify the $15K plus..
Based purely on the simplicity of the design, bolt on technology of long ago proved simple systems...golf carts should sell for about 1/2 of what they are getting.

It all boils down to the manufacturers knowing their demographics well and recognizing that they can get away with selling them...at such outrageous/gouging prices.

As long as the ignorant will continue to pay...the prices will stay grossly inflated.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

My Yamaha is my CAR in TVs. Price is cheap for a car.
Closed Thread

Tags
brakes, chitty, chug, bang, suspension

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.