Club Car - All lights work, but turn signal will not flash

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Gold member
Default Club Car - All lights work, but turn signal will not flash

Our 2008 Club Car has an issue with one of the turn signals not flashing. The light comes on, but does not flash. The tail lights work. Brake lights work. The other turn signal works. Suggestions as to how to fix the one non-flashing turn signal?
Old 02-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Sounds like a bad light bulb.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:43 PM

It's probably the flasher. It should be under the cup holder assembly. Easy fix.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:01 PM

It would not be the flasher if one side is working. Try the bulb first, if that doesn't work it may be the turn signal lever
Old 02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Gold member

My husband said there is no light bulb. He said it is some type of electronic board.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OK, I think there is some confusion, your cart will have front and rear lights to indicate your turn.
Two possibilities come to mind:
These could be LED or the traditional incandescent type of lamps (or bulbs). If the lamps were replaced recently it is possible that you have LEDS on one side (the non working side), and a incandescent and LED bulb on the other side (the working side). Traditional turn signal flashers work on a heated element that responds to the current of incandescent lamps. The current in LEDS is much too low for these to operate correctly.
The second possibility is a broken wire at the turn signal switch (or a bad turn signal switch), or possibly a bad connection or wire in the dash from the turn signal switch.
Try this test, turn on your four way flasher, if all four lights flash, then the wiring is OK, and the turn signal switch is probably bad.
I am a retired electrical engineer with lots of experience working on car electrical systems. If you are still having problems I would be glad to look at it, I am located in the village of Pinellas.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OK, I think there is some confusion, your cart will have front and rear lights to indicate your turn.
Two possibilities come to mind:
These could be LED or the traditional incandescent type of lamps (or bulbs). If the lamps were replaced recently it is possible that you have LEDS on one side (the non working side), and a incandescent and LED bulb on the other side (the working side). Traditional turn signal flashers work on a heated element that responds to the current of incandescent lamps. The current in LEDS is much too low for these to operate correctly.
The second possibility is a broken wire at the turn signal switch (or a bad turn signal switch), or possibly a bad connection or wire in the dash from the turn signal switch.
Try this test, turn on your four way flasher, if all four lights flash, then the wiring is OK, and the turn signal switch is probably bad.
I am a retired electrical engineer with lots of experience working on car electrical systems. If you are still having problems I would be glad to look at it, I am located in the village of Pinellas.
Hope this helps.
Show off
Old 02-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Sage

I recently replaced the turn signal device housing(mounted on the steering wheel column) because the right rear light wouldn't blink when the signaled.

Was told that contacts inside the signal arm device can get worn down and malfunction.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, signal, work, lights, flash, club, car, brake, works, tail, non-flashing, fix, suggestions, light, issue, flashing, signals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.