Cost to play

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Default Cost to play

We have friends coming down and we are not golfers can anyone tell me roughly what it would cost a person to play at least five times a week in the villages as a resident. Thanks for the help. We'd love to get these friends to move on in. Cost of golf would be a good incentive.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Depends on Where you play

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbonnie View Post
We have friends coming down and we are not golfers can anyone tell me roughly what it would cost a person to play at least five times a week in the villages as a resident. Thanks for the help. We'd love to get these friends to move on in. Cost of golf would be a good incentive.
If they play an executive course it is free to golf and $3.50 for riding in a cart. If they pull their own clubs this fee is not charged. I can't tell you about the Championship courses because they cost so much I never play them unless they have a deal going on. People who play that often would probably pay the $141.00 trail fee and that allows you to play in a cart all year with no additional fee. This begs the question...would they be able to get 5 tee times a week. We are always getting bumped at least half the time lately. It's better in the summer.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbonnie View Post
Here are the rates for the championship courses.
http://golfthevillages.com/tee-times/golfrate.asp
Old 01-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I'm pretty sure a guest must pay $10.00 + $3.50 trail fee to play Executive courses (ie. $13.50) If they choose to walk, then it's only the $10.00 golf fee.

Someone correct me, if I'm wrong .. .. ..
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
If they play an executive course it is free to golf and $3.50 for riding in a cart. If they pull their own clubs this fee is not charged. I can't tell you about the Championship courses because they cost so much I never play them unless they have a deal going on. People who play that often would probably pay the $141.00 trail fee and that allows you to play in a cart all year with no additional fee. This begs the question...would they be able to get 5 tee times a week. We are always getting bumped at least half the time lately. It's better in the summer.
Executive golf is NOT free to guests. I believe the fee is still $10 plus cart trail fee of $3.50. They can't rent a cart there but could use yours, or rent one at a championship course first and drive it over.

They need a regular guest pass (available free from a REGIONAL rec center) and you can make a reservation for them using the golf telephone tee time system. All this info is available online at golfthevillages.com or stop by any championship pro shop and pick up a brochure.

You should be able to make the reservation requests 4-7 days prior to their wanting to play. There is no guest # - the phone request system tells you to press ** for a guest. At this time of year, request a wide window of times and courses.

You can also stop by the tee-time office in Lake Sumter Landing during normal business hours - they would probably help you thru this. You'll need your id # and your golf PIN. If you don't know your PIN (which you might now if you are not a golfer), you can probably call the tee time office and get it or ask where to call.

You do not have to golf with your guest. If there are only 2 of them, let them know they will be paired randomly with 2 other golfers.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Gold member
Default Just reread your post

and it looks like you just want to be able to tell them how the golf fees work here. Yes, executive golf is free to RESIDENTS. Frequent golfers usually pay an annual trail fee of about $141.00 to use their cart on the executive courses. You can also get a 6 month trail pass (for snowbirds) for about $100.

Residents pay reduced rates for championship courses that vary according to season.

Again, refer them to golfthevillages.com if they are computer savvy, or pick up the brochures at any pro shop.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This link isn't working. The old administration didn't allow links directly from this site to anything from the official villages site. I thought the new ones would let us link.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Sage

It's not TOTV's fault .... it's The Villages blocking any link referrals from TOTV. Need to copy/paste the link to your browser.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You need to cut and paste the link into a new window to get to the link.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
You need to cut and paste the link into a new window to get to the link.

Z
Thanks 07 and Z.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Good point. Residents are having a tough time getting tee times and guests probably would fare worse. If golf is important to these guest I would advise superbonnie checking with the authorities at the tee time system. It would be a shame if they arrived here to find they can't play.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.