Curtis Cab Enclosure

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2023, 12:23 PM

I was objectionable to having a Curtis cab. Really enjoy ours . no fumes inside. I think you have an issue.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
I recently picked up a new Yamaha Golf Car with a Curtis Cab enclosure. After driving it for the past week I'm amazed how much of the engine exhaust gets into the cab. When I have the doors closed it's almost unbearable. I would imagine that the exhaust could be re-routed more away from the cab. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestion on a fix or where to take the car to fabricate an exhaust extension would be appreciated. Thanks.
Another good reason to not own one. They are a pain in the you know what if you use it to play golf and if you are tall.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Carburetor or fuel injected? Look for exhaust leak especially the flex hose connections. Also make sure flex connector not hard/cracked and leaking which usually causes backfire? Some reroute the tail pipe?
Writer said cart was new. These are all fuel injected. When I ride in my cart with the canvas covers awnings down, smell is unbearable
Old 11-07-2023, 03:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Never have had any odor.
Carbon Monoxide is odorless.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I recently picked up a new Yamaha Golf Car with a Curtis Cab enclosure. After driving it for the past week I'm amazed how much of the engine exhaust gets into the cab. When I have the doors closed it's almost unbearable. I would imagine that the exhaust could be re-routed more away from the cab. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestion on a fix or where to take the car to fabricate an exhaust extension would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have a 2015 Yamaha fuel injection with the Sleekline Cab with no issues at all. If you purchased a New Yamaha Cart with the Curtis Cab Bring it back to the Dealer for a repair. You stated you purchased new but you didnt say how old the cart is??? Your Dealer should be ablr to resolve your issue.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:03 AM
Send a message via AIM to DM101

Just a quick follow up and clarification. I ordered this golf car to be built and picked it up brand new 11/2/23. I took it in for service to have the issue addressed yesterday and picked it back up this morning. I was told that the throttle body butterfly needed to be adjusted because it was open at idle. The Air Box Modification that should have been completed at build was only partly complete. All this was taken care of and after driving the car home 5 miles it appears that the issue is resolved. I'll post again if it still needs addressed.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Thank you for the update
Old 11-08-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Just a quick follow up and clarification. I ordered this golf car to be built and picked it up brand new 11/2/23. I took it in for service to have the issue addressed yesterday and picked it back up this morning. I was told that the throttle body butterfly needed to be adjusted because it was open at idle. The Air Box Modification that should have been completed at build was only partly complete. All this was taken care of and after driving the car home 5 miles it appears that the issue is resolved. I'll post again if it still needs addressed.
So good to hear that you took it in and the problem was corrected!
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 11-08-2023, 11:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Congrats on your speedy & effective repair.
Old 11-27-2023, 05:24 AM

I have a 2023 Yamaha with a Curtis Cab and there’s zero exhaust fumes so take it back to the dealer ASAP.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:41 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Should have gone electric. Virtually maintenance free and no exhaust or gasoline smells. Gas carts also have a myriad of parts to fail compared to hardly any on an electric cart. I love my Club Car DS electric cart. It is 24 years old and has never left me stranded.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default There lies the problem

Quote:
Thanks all. I had it built by the Villages Golf Car shop in Brownwood and picked it up last week. It only has 15 miles on it now. I'm going to bring it back there today to have them look at it. We'll see what they determine to be the cause...
“Bought it at The Villages Golf Cart store”…there lies most golf cart problems.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 11-28-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Carbon Monoxide is odorless.
It's there with all the other gases.
Closed Thread

Tags
cab, exhaust, car, curtis, enclosure

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.