Custom made golf cart seat bracket?

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts
Default Custom made golf cart seat bracket?

I have a 2002 Club Car DS that I had new bucket seats (El Tigre) made for. These are the adjustable seats, so my wife would be able to reach the pedals. Nice seats. Unfortunately, the existing seat belt brackets won't work with the new seats. The bracket is not long enough to reach around the new seats, and the center portion of the bracket, where the receptacle latches attach, is spaced too far apart to fit between the narrower opening between the two seat backs.
I've searched online, I've called a couple of the local golf cart places (I know The Villages Golf Carts won't sell me anything because I did not buy the cart from them), and nobody has a ready-made product that solves my problem.

So I'm wondering if anyone out there has any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

If you want to bring the cart over I can take a look at it, I may have some ideas. Send me a PM so we can discuss and i will give you my address.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks, Tinker,

I sent you a PM.
Old 10-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

It looks like a new piece of steel angle and a new center bracket will fix the problem, the old seat belt bracket is about 4 inches to narrow for the new seats and the center brackets are too wide. The angle iron is needed for the additional support.
Old 10-05-2023, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
It looks like a new piece of steel angle and a new center bracket will fix the problem, the old seat belt bracket is about 4 inches to narrow for the new seats and the center brackets are too wide. The angle iron is needed for the additional support.
Thank you, so much!
Old 10-05-2023, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I have a 2002 Club Car DS that I had new bucket seats (El Tigre) made for. These are the adjustable seats, so my wife would be able to reach the pedals. Nice seats. Unfortunately, the existing seat belt brackets won't work with the new seats. The bracket is not long enough to reach around the new seats, and the center portion of the bracket, where the receptacle latches attach, is spaced too far apart to fit between the narrower opening between the two seat backs.
I've searched online, I've called a couple of the local golf cart places (I know The Villages Golf Carts won't sell me anything because I did not buy the cart from them), and nobody has a ready-made product that solves my problem.

Thanks in advance.
My bucket seat are getting pretty worn. Mind listing were got the seats so I can evaluate wether to get new one or remove old ones?

Last edited by Topspinmo; 10-07-2023 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Spell check corrected with wrong word due to my heavy fingers
Old 10-06-2023, 05:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
My bucket seat are getting pretty worn. Mine listing were got the seats so I can evaluate wether to get new one or remove old ones?
Sure, no problem. El Tigre Custom Golf Cart Seats...out of Elkhart Indiana. I bought the adjustable "American Sportster", so my wife could reach the pedals.

However, you lose headroom with the adjustable, so if you are tall this could be a problem. In my Yamaha my head already hits the overhead rear-mounted shelf, so I wouldn't go with those on my cart.

They do a lot of business in TV, and they can set you up with a local guy to install. There was an issue with my installation, and the company has a repair facility in Wildwood, so between the local installer, and the local repair shop, the issue was rectified in less than a week, and the installation was completed.

The price quoted included tax, shipping and installation. My only disappointment was that they had no remedy for the seatbelt issue, which surprised me.

Home - El Tigre Custom Golf Cart Seats | Golf Cart Seats
Old 10-07-2023, 05:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Those are great seats. I had them put into my new EZgo. But they cost $2,000!
EBay has a lot of seatbelts and brackets and several companies that specialize in these things. I did installed some myself in my first golf cart, and it wasn’t too difficult.
Old 10-07-2023, 09:08 AM

The Villages Golf Cars sells a seat belt bar that's 4" wider that is made for wider custom seats. They will sell them to you if you didn't get the cart there. I've installed a half dozen of them.
Old 10-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

villagetinker got me all fixed up.

Thanks, villagetinker!
Closed Thread

Tags
seats, golf, cart, seat, bracket

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.