distance in miles

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

For a casual but good Thanksgiving meal, you should try one of the country clubs in TV. If you are in Calmut Grove, I would try either Nancy Lopez CC or Glenview CC. One word of warning, make reservations and make them early - the CC's often fill up, especially for "prime" holiday dining times. Making your reservation Halloween or just before would probably be about right. It will be casual (but probably "dressy" casual) dining. You will have ample opportunity to try both places once or twice before Thanksgiving so I recommend you do that - see which one you like best.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
For a casual but good Thanksgiving meal, you should try one of the country clubs in TV. If you are in Calmut Grove, I would try either Nancy Lopez CC or Glenview CC. One word of warning, make reservations and make them early - the CC's often fill up, especially for "prime" holiday dining times. Making your reservation Halloween or just before would probably be about right. It will be casual (but probably "dressy" casual) dining. You will have ample opportunity to try both places once or twice before Thanksgiving so I recommend you do that - see which one you like best.

Sounds good.......and good advice. Dressy casual sounds like Colorado and Vermont as well. Just doesn't want to fly with a suit, etc. Thanks.....
Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Are you putting in the entire street name? Ie the SE 91st or whatever preceded your street name? If you live in Marion county that is part of the address.
Yes, I did put in the entire street name as give, followed by The Villages, FL. and I also tried it with the street name and the name of the village.
I tried it many different ways........finally did get it after some advice above, going from his link..........so alls well that ends well. Thanks to everyone.

Hubby uses google maps all the time but he couldn't get it while using the street name..........I only used MapQuest because it was right in front of me. But we've done this before ....for other parts of the country........no problems. I was thinking perhaps it's a newer neighborhood.....then finally when I got it , the town said Bellevue? or Belleview? Not looking at it right now.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
Call Palmer Country Club (see phone book), I don't have number. We've eaten there last four years. Great meals and service. Well worth the price.
Great....I've printed out all these places for future reference. Thanks.....
p.s. For Thanksgiving, we will have a newborn (kind of new) with our son and daughter in law.....she's an angel and they take her out regularly to restaurants in Colorado..........but not sure if country club diners would mind a baby, if it fussed? I've also printed out all the restaurants in the town squares........just in case. As of now she is a very contented and easy baby girl, but who knows if she might be teething at Thanksgiving time. Obviously, we could just cook in......or grill. Nothing is cast in stone at this moment.
But they do eat out a lot in Colorado. The other thing, she is totally breast fed.......so again, not sure about what type of restaurant ........
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.