Does anyone have an informed opinion on ICON EV Golf Carts?

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2023, 02:56 PM
Default Does anyone have an informed opinion on ICON EV Golf Carts?

I recently visited a Costco near Tampa where they had a large in-store display of ICON Electric Vehicles (iconev.com) and Epic Carts (EpicCarts.com). They looked appealing and the pricing made them even more attractive - $9,000 for a new golf cart. I know nothing of the brand and would welcome information from anyone who knows anything about them.
Old 06-28-2023, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,252 Posts

The first thing I would do is find where and how they would be serviced, Tampa is a long way to have a golf cart transported for service, or to wait for a technician to show up with parts.

Then I would look on line for reviews on this product, IMHO, i always look at the negative reviews first, it is way too easy to stuff positive reviews.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

This is off topic but I am curious; do they arrange for delivery or do you have to pick it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Silvia View Post
I recently visited a Costco near Tampa where they had a large in-store display of ICON Electric Vehicles (iconev.com) and Epic Carts (EpicCarts.com). They looked appealing and the pricing made them even more attractive - $9,000 for a new golf cart. I know nothing of the brand and would welcome information from anyone who knows anything about them.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:31 AM

You are much better off sticking with a name brand when it comes to golf carts. You seem to like electric, so the number one maker is EZGO. With EZGO you will always get local service and the parts availability if and when needed will be readily available. These out of the USA brands you are rolling the dice.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:52 PM
Veteran member

I believe that Bradley's in Wildwood is now an authorized ICON dealer and they seem to have a bunch in stock.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
You are much better off sticking with a name brand when it comes to golf carts. You seem to like electric, so the number one maker is EZGO. With EZGO you will always get local service and the parts availability if and when needed will be readily available. These out of the USA brands you are rolling the dice.
Like Yamaha? I have been waiting for a Yamaha headlight controller for 3 months. Yeah, those mainstream brands are just great.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 07-14-2023, 03:06 PM

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Bradley's in fact, is an authorized ICON dealer.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, golf, icon, attractive, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.