Electric golf cart charging places

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2023, 07:56 AM
Default Call a couple country clubs

I went thru a spell where my electric cart wasn't going far on a charge (once in 11 years), and asked the maintenance shed at Belle Glade if I could charge my cart there while I ate lunch, and they said no problem. I would call ahead if you know where you might eat a meal. I did bring my own charger. And no, that didn't completely recharge my cart, but it helped me get home.

Just for the record, I have yet to see a gas cart that I would trade my 15 year old electric cart for straight up. My cart is quicker and more responsive than any gas cart, and it has never stunk up a tunnel.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:08 AM

Only your house.......
Old 04-17-2023, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
How far are you going? I have a 24 year old Club Car with 4 LiFePO4 12v batteries and can go from the bottom of TV to Lady Lake and back again without needing a recharge. I still get a kick out of all the gas carts I see broken down by the side of the paths but have never seen an electric one that ran out of juice. Gas carts are ridiculous in this day and age. All those parts that need service and can cause break-downs. What a pain having to go to the gas station or storing gas in your garage. Forget "range anxiety", you can go all day without worry.

The Villages Florida
I just stopped and helped a guy with his electric cart between Spanish and Sumter two weeks ago. I carry tools and a tow strap in my cart. He did have any idea as to what was wrong. I looked it over and saw a loose wire on one of his batteries. Tighten it up and he was in his way.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

That’s funny that someone said they didn’t know where any charging stations in TV, except maybe Golf Cart dealers. Don’t want to get off the subject but we drive from Texas to Ohio 2 or 3 times a yr. & I’ve never seen a auto charging station for EV’s in that 1,065 Mille trip. I’m a little surprised that TV haven’t gotten any charging station put in for a small fee.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Everglades rec center has a handful of public charging outlets. I'm assuming that Ezell and others in the newer areas would too.
If my electric cart is dead in Brownwood, how do I get the electricity to me? If my gas cart is out of gas, that we can go fetch.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

My old neighborhood back in California has taken to building solar panels over all the school parking lots. The solar panels generate enough electricity to power the school, and supply charging stations for electric vehicles. Just like the little rent a bike and scooter programs you see around the world, you use credit cards or some sort of app to pay for charging your vehicle.

I’d love to see them test this model on some of our rec centers. Imagine parking in the shade in the midst of the summer. And having charging stations, for cars and carts would just add to the revenue.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
If my electric cart is dead in Brownwood, how do I get the electricity to me? If my gas cart is out of gas, that we can go fetch.
- Don't push your luck so far that you run out of fuel in either cart

- Sign up with one of the cart aid businesses to carry your cart back to your home

- Buy a small generator and fetch that if your battery is discharged

- Ask nicely if a business will allow you to plug in an extension cord then fetch that

- But back to the first answer, don't push your luck

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-17-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
How far are you going? I have a 24 year old Club Car with 4 LiFePO4 12v batteries and can go from the bottom of TV to Lady Lake and back again without needing a recharge. I still get a kick out of all the gas carts I see broken down by the side of the paths but have never seen an electric one that ran out of juice. Gas carts are ridiculous in this day and age. All those parts that need service and can cause break-downs. What a pain having to go to the gas station or storing gas in your garage. Forget "range anxiety", you can go all day without worry.

The Villages Florida
Interesting cart for The Villages with no roof or side curtain protection from the sun and rain. Just short run local use no doubt. If this was all I was doing here in TV I might have the same. Each to their own.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

If you know your electric cart and available range, you are just plain stupid if you run out of charge on a planned trip. Just plug it in overnight and start the day with a full charge.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
That’s funny that someone said they didn’t know where any charging stations in TV, except maybe Golf Cart dealers. Don’t want to get off the subject but we drive from Texas to Ohio 2 or 3 times a yr. & I’ve never seen a auto charging station for EV’s in that 1,065 Mille trip. I’m a little surprised that TV haven’t gotten any charging station put in for a small fee.
You may have not seen the charging station or recognized them for what they are, but they are there.

Charging stations for electric carts would cause more problems than they would solve:
- Not enough stations for the carts that want to use them
- Carts staying too long at a charger - hogging the charger
- Charging stations taking away parking spots
- Carts simply using the charging stations as parking spots
- Once the infrastructure is put in to bill for charging it could easily be repurposed to bill for simply parking

And all of that to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Newer electric carts (and older ones too) can reach anyplace in the Villages now on a single charge. Cart aid businesses exist to carry the cart back to your home if it can't make it for some reason. If someone is afraid of buying electric then gas carts are still being sold. There doesn't seem to be a need for charging stations so why spend the money just to deal with the headaches?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-17-2023, 08:42 AM

Not to mention, I almost got hit by an electric cart cuz I did not hear it coming… and he was driving way to close and too fast for pedestrians near by
Old 04-17-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
You could carry a gas generator on the back of your electric golf cart.
After that answer, you need to stop eating Olive Oil's bad spinach soup...
Old 04-17-2023, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
Not to mention, I almost got hit by an electric cart cuz I did not hear it coming… and he was driving way to close and too fast for pedestrians near by
??? Was he on the sidewalk? Were you not walking on the left to face oncoming traffic? Was he driving on the wrong side of the MMP or road?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-17-2023, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
It’s a real problem with electric vehicles. My brother lost his eyesight and has almost been hit by electric vehicles more than once. People without one working sense rely on the other senses to compensate. Silent vehicles are very dangerous to them. Fortunately for my brother, he has an extremely well trained German Shepherd guide dog to help keep him safe from dangers he can’t see.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaber188@aol.com View Post
Looking for info on places to charge a golf cart. We are planning a long day of site seeing and want to make sure we can plug in if needed. Can anyone suggest locations? Thanks in advance.
Do you have a Lithium or lead acid? I can go about 70 miles on a charge going 24mph with my Lithium.... That is the total north-south length of TV and back again. There is a video online of someone doing this. If I back it off to 20mph I could get the 80 miles advertised. You realize at 20mph you'd be driving for almost 4 hours....non stop.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, places, plug, electric

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.