Electric golf cart charging places

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2023, 12:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Fake News.

Talked to John Rohan, Director.................he confirmed there are no Public Charging Outlets at the Rec Centers.
Well there's certainly outdoor outlets there that people are utilizing on a daily basis. I suppose I was mistaken in assuming that they were meant to be public charging outlets, but the outlets are there and being used, so not quite "fake news".Feel free to go look for yourself across from the sports pool.

I'm sure that some of the people using them don't realize that they're not public charging outlets when they see other carts using them.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

There now will be signs posted that cost a couple of thousand dollars proclaiming that the outside electrical outlets at the Everglades Rec Center are not for public use. What happened to common sense?

Last edited by Bilyclub; 04-26-2023 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
There now will signs posted that cost a couple of thousand dollars proclaiming that the outside electrical outlets at the Everglades Rec Center are not for public use. What happened to common sense?
There's plenty of things you can get for free at a Rec Center. Ice, water, stationary, pens, sometimes the Villages Sun. Even flushing a toilet in the rec center supposedly uses 1.5 cents worth of potable water.

I can't believe how uppity some people can get if it's 5-10 cents worth of electricity someone is using to charge their golf cart since that's somehow supporting all the "woke people" that own electric carts.

I know you're joking about the signage, but hopefully no one gets any ideas over it.

Last edited by MrChip72; 04-26-2023 at 10:02 PM. Reason: forget to add something
Old 04-28-2023, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Well there's certainly outdoor outlets there that people are utilizing on a daily basis. I suppose I was mistaken in assuming that they were meant to be public charging outlets, but the outlets are there and being used, so not quite "fake news".Feel free to go look for yourself across from the sports pool.

I'm sure that some of the people using them don't realize that they're not public charging outlets when they see other carts using them.
Saw them last night. They certainly are located to make it easy for a vehicle in a parking spot to connect plug in a 110V extension cord. That might not be what they were intended for but that's the appearance they give.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-08-2023, 05:04 AM
Gold member

Typically, a golf cart charges at about 9 cents per hour at SECO rates.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, places, plug, electric

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.