Star Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Default Star Golf Carts

We want to buy a golf cart and have been considering the STAR.
What are the negatives?

Twiggy
Old 01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Sage

We tried a test ride in a Star and found it to be bumpy and uncomfortable.
We opted for a Columbia Par Car .. very smooth and comfortable.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Platinum member

I am researching carts as are many others. My understanding is that Club Cars are aluminum. Someone said that Star Cars are galvanized steel and subject to rust, especially around bolts. Have any Star Car owners experienced this? I am still leaning to the Star because of the option to convert to a 4-seater and the fact that Golf Cart Connection backs them.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 AM

We are very pleased with our Star Inline 4 seater. It rides well, can hold 25 mph and we are planning to make it street legal. Far less trouble than with our Club car. Oh yeah, I can go from Spanish Springs to Havana, play 18, return and still have half a charge with lots of oomph.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Default Star Cart

Hi Flying dutchman,

Are you still happy with your Star Cart? I still like that they are more innovative than the other cart manufacturers around town. EZ Go is getting there though. I wish Club Car was quicker on the uptake with making 60 mi batteries also doing their homework on the LSV credit and convertible back seat option.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

jojo, I talked to Tim at the Golf Cart Connection just a couple days ago.
GCC is no longer a Star dealer, though they'll fix 'em. He says GCC spent more time fixing 'em than they were worth. I'm researching too and haven't heard too much good about Star.

By the way, here is a link for an aftermarker flip seat that connects in the rear to allow for 4 people, or flip it up to use as a standard golfcart. Someone eles on here said it worked pretty darn good.

http://www.jhglobalinc.com/GolfCarsAccessory.htm
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Platinum member

I am very happy with the STAR cart - have had no problems. However, I don't know the story as to why Golf Cart Connections is no longer the dealer. I am pleased with the service I have received from the Star Cart dealership which is located in the same center as GCC.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Negative is they are not American companies, EZGO, Club Car and Yamaha carts (my choice in that order) are made in the USA and have been for 40 years, if you're partial to sending your hard earned money overseas then go with Star or Aero or one of those other foreign manufacturers, not sure how long they've been building golf carts, then again you may be driving a kia or hyundia or one of those other foreign cars in which case you'll probably prefer a chinese cart....to each his own......I prefer American made.....GN
Old 11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

florlrl, I agree Club Car needs to be more innovative,

note that Club Car has an LSV now, the Villager 2+2 just announced earlier this month. Also, there is a thread on here where someone modifies the battery tray to allow for a longer range - though I fully think that should be a standard offering too and not some aftermarket thing.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Negative is they are not American companies, EZGO, Club Car and Yamaha carts (my choice in that order) are made in the USA and have been for 40 years, if you're partial to sending your hard earned money overseas then go with Star or Aero or one of those other foreign manufacturers, not sure how long they've been building golf carts, then again you may be driving a kia or hyundia or one of those other foreign cars in which case you'll probably prefer a chinese cart....to each his own......I prefer American made.....GN
Yamaha is a Japanese corporation so even though their carts are made in the U.S. the profits ultimately go to Japan. A sign of the global economy.

Hyundai (which also owns Kia) makes a lot of their vehicles in the U.S. (S.C.) but is headquarted in S. Korea further blurring the lines.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Default Let's not blur the lines! BUY AMERICAN!

Club Car is made in America, by an American company, Ingersol Rand. IR has been a staple of US industry for many many years.
It upsets me to see so many foreign made golf carts and vehicles in TV's!
After going to the new car show in Sumter Landing this past Saturday, I was SO impressed with the fit, finish and overall quality of the Buick's and Cadillac's compared to all the " foreign " cars. Another miss conception laid to rest, the American built cars had better MPG than the " foreign " counterparts!! Lets jump on the band wagon again, and buy and support American made products made by American workers and keep the profits in America!! Knock the foreign stuff dead!!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:41 PM

all i'm going to say is that I bet some people are still happy with their Yugo
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

when is the last itme anyone has seen a yugo, in FLA or any other state, i for one have not seen one for 5+ years, and if I ever see another one I hope it's in my rear view mirror....GN
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
when is the last itme anyone has seen a yugo, in FLA or any other state, i for one have not seen one for 5+ years, and if I ever see another one I hope it's in my rear view mirror....GN
What I meant is some people buy lessor quality because of price and are happy with it
Old 11-27-2009, 10:49 PM

Yugo's were barely good for scrap parts when new. I know I worked at a dealer that sold them. Now with that in mind......observe how many old Yamaha and Club Cars you see around TV. I am talking about carts that are 10 yrs old and older. Only those 2 company's carts make it past 10 yrs period.
Anything else in my opinion has proven to be a yugo.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.