Evolution golf carts

Old 02-08-2024, 02:47 PM

Made in China won't buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
Haven’t seen any discussion on Evolution golf carts. They are very sharp looking. Anyone have experience with them?
Old 02-08-2024, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
While typing on a computer or phone, that was most likely made in China.
No options for a computer or phone. But you do have an option when buying a golf cart.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Evolution golf carts are made in China and only assembled in the U.S. do we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution? If you like tariffs on steel, should we have tariffs on these golf carts? (That said, I have to admit that my iPad and iPhone were largely made in China.)
And Yamaha golf carts are assembled in the USA from ??????? parts. I would guess they are mostly Chinese, Taiwanese, Indian. Don't know for sure, but since American made Japanese cars are about 50% US, I figure that is not a bad guide. EZGo and Club car are at least American Companies.....
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 02-08-2024, 09:16 PM

Can you put an electric cart in neutral if the battery is dead for pushing or towing. I was in Brownwood a month ago and a man had a Customdrive C2 with a dead battery. No power to do anything and no way to manually put it in neutral to push it out of the way
Old 02-09-2024, 06:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave951 View Post
Can you put an electric cart in neutral if the battery is dead for pushing or towing. I was in Brownwood a month ago and a man had a Customdrive C2 with a dead battery. No power to do anything and no way to manually put it in neutral to push it out of the way
Electric carts all have a way to "put them in Neutral". It can vary by cart, but it's simple to do.

In my cart, all I have to do, is shut the cart off. Voila! It's in Neutral.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave951 View Post
The Evolution D5 has an electronic parking brake that engages automatically when the cart stops. To tow the cart, you put it in neutral, and then release the electronic parking brake with a knob under the rear seat.

The electronic brake is pretty awesome. On the golf course, wherever you park - uphill, downhill - it automatically engages and you don't have to worry about it.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
The Evolution D5 has an electronic parking brake that engages automatically when the cart stops. To tow the cart, you put it in neutral, and then release the electronic parking brake with a knob under the rear seat.

The electronic brake is pretty awesome. On the golf course, wherever you park - uphill, downhill - it automatically engages and you don't have to worry about it.
EZ Go had that for years. I guess the Chinese waited until the patent ran out before they copied it.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
EZ Go had that for years. I guess the Chinese waited until the patent ran out before they copied it.
Automotive companies had it for many years before EZ-GO ever had it. Patent ran out long ago. Most of the actual components for the EZ-GO lithium carts comes from overseas. The entire battery component and circuitry is made by Samsung.

Both EZ-GO and Yamaha are built in Georgia. Evolutions are built in California and here in Florida. All three get components from overseas. So go ahead and believe what you want to believe if if makes you sleep better about your purchase.

The poster simply asked if anyone had had any experiences with Evolution - they didn't ask for a political discussion as to why they should or shouldn't buy based on folks beliefs or ideals.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Update: I'm at 800 miles on my Evolution D5, and it's running great with no issues!
Old 02-25-2024, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellavita View Post
Made in China won't buy
Seems almost everything is made in China...we are ....

Tags
evolution, golf, carts, experience, sharp

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.