Evolution golf carts

Old 02-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Default Evolution golf carts

Haven’t seen any discussion on Evolution golf carts. They are very sharp looking. Anyone have experience with them?
Old 02-06-2024, 06:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
Haven’t seen any discussion on Evolution golf carts.
It hardly ever comes up.

Evolution Golf Cart Review, November 2020

EVolution Golf Carts

Evolution Golf Carts

Evolution Golf Carts

Evolution golf cart
Old 02-06-2024, 08:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Old 02-07-2024, 06:52 AM

Hmm

Last edited by RCJ61; 02-07-2024 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:08 AM

I recall Villages Discount Golf Carts sold them, but seems to have none in stock now. If you call them, it would be interesting to know what they say.
Not sure where the closest dealer might be. That could be a factor for service (parts, warranty, expertise, etc) although there are several independent service companies around.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
Hmm
Good Edit.

Old 02-07-2024, 07:52 AM
Default Evolution

Home Depot in lady lake has a battery one for $9,900. It looks pretty sturdy
Old 02-07-2024, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

The Villages Florida
The Villages Discount Golf Cars has dropped Evolution. They did not re-sign their annual dealer agreement with Evolution, and left all owners that have their "warranty" high and dry. When you're not an authorized dealer, you don't get first access to parts and support from Evolution. In my opinion, shame on Villages Discount!

Having said that, there is a new Evolution dealer in Ocala - Botero Golf Carts. They opened in early September 2023. They are not new to Evolution as they have stores in North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona and have been selling Evolution exclusively for the past 7-8 years. They have a fantastic reputation with owners in all of those states.

After a lot of research, I purchased a 2024 Evolution D5 Ranger from Botero in mid-December. The entire process was fantastic, from my initial visit to delivery. I bought the D5 because I was looking for a forward facing 4 seat golf cart. The Yamaha cart is far too long for me - the D5 is only about a foot longer than a standard cart. It is loaded with features, comes standard with a lithium battery, looks great, and is $7K-$8K less than it's competitors.

I purchased the 205ah battery. I live as far north and east as you can get, just off Hwy 42 near the VA. My longest trip yet was to go to Southern Oaks (farthest south golf course) and play golf. After travelling there, playing golf, and travelling back, I still had 25% battery left!

When comparing the D5 Ranger to the EZ-GO Liberty I found the following:

1) D5 seats are far more comfortable (Liberty seats felt very stiff and look cheap.)
2) D5 has auto cancelling turn signals, Liberty does not.
3) D5 has a sound bar, Liberty does not.
4) The D5 has a better console display.
5) The D5 with the 110ah battery has about the same range as the Liberty and is $9,000 less.
6) The D5 with the 205ah battery has about 2x the range as the Liberty and is $7,000 less.
7) The Liberty, being an EZ-GO has far more 3rd party accessories available.

By my count that's 6-1 Evolution D5 against EZ-GO Liberty.

I believe you can double the battery on the Liberty as well, but that adds another $2K-$3K to the price.

Pricing for these carts is as follows:

$11,995 Evolution D5 110ah battery
$13,995 Evolution D5 205ah battery
$21,000 EZ-GO Liberty (configured as close to the D5 as possible, but has less features)
$21,600 Star Sirius 4 (configured as close to the D5 as possible, but has less features)

One caveat here - all of these carts have fairly high roofs (I don't understand why) and can have issues on the two tunnels in the north that are very short (Saddlebrook tunnel is by far the worst). The D5 comes with 14" rims and large tires. It will not go under these tunnels with the standard tires. I had Botero swap out the tires for 12" rims with 205/45r12 tires, and I can go under all of the tunnels with no issues. They swapped out the tires at no charge!

I'm currently at 600 miles with the cart, and I love it!
Old 02-07-2024, 08:38 AM
Sage

Thanks for a good review. I looked at their website and the prices do look very attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
The Villages Florida
The Villages Discount Golf Cars has dropped Evolution. They did not re-sign their annual dealer agreement with Evolution, and left all owners that have their "warranty" high and dry. When you're not an authorized dealer, you don't get first access to parts and support from Evolution. In my opinion, shame on Villages Discount!

Having said that, there is a new Evolution dealer in Ocala - Botero Golf Carts. They opened in early September 2023. They are not new to Evolution as they have stores in North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona and have been selling Evolution exclusively for the past 7-8 years. They have a fantastic reputation with owners in all of those states.

After a lot of research, I purchased a 2024 Evolution D5 Ranger from Botero in mid-December. The entire process was fantastic, from my initial visit to delivery. I bought the D5 because I was looking for a forward facing 4 seat golf cart. The Yamaha cart is far too long for me - the D5 is only about a foot longer than a standard cart. It is loaded with features, comes standard with a lithium battery, looks great, and is $7K-$8K less than it's competitors.

I purchased the 205ah battery. I live as far north and east as you can get, just off Hwy 42 near the VA. My longest trip yet was to go to Southern Oaks (farthest south golf course) and play golf. After travelling there, playing golf, and travelling back, I still had 25% battery left!

1) D5 seats are far more comfortable (Liberty seats felt very stiff and look cheap.)
5) The D5 with the 110ah battery has about the same range as the Liberty and is $9,000 less.
6) The D5 with the 205ah battery has about 2x the range as the Liberty and is $7,000 less.

I believe you can double the battery on the Liberty as well, but that adds another $2K-$3K to the price.

$21,000 EZ-GO Liberty (configured as close to the D5 as possible, but has less features)
$21,600 Star Sirius 4 (configured as close to the D5 as possible, but has less features)

One caveat here - all of these carts have fairly high roofs (I don't understand why) and can have issues on the two tunnels in the north that are very short (Saddlebrook tunnel is by far the worst). The D5 comes with 14" rims and large tires. It will not go under these tunnels with the standard tires. I had Botero swap out the tires for 12" rims with 205/45r12 tires, and I can go under all of the tunnels with no issues. They swapped out the tires at no charge!

Old 02-07-2024, 08:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Thanks for a good review. I looked at their website and the prices do look very attractive.
You get what you pay for.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:57 AM
Sage

Have you owned one or have some other experience with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Old 02-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Based on how a golf cart is built, the pricing by Evolution is more inline with what I would expect (I spent nearly 30 years in the automotive industry). Pricing for carts at $20K+ is absolutely ridiculous and has a huge profit margin.

I looked carefully at all three models for the forward facing 4 seaters. The build quality is comparable with regards to the frame and seats, but I found the Evolution to be much more comfortable to ride in. I went from a 2017 Yamaha with El Tigre seats to the D5, and so far, the D5 is superior in every way.

One thing to note is that the previous models of Evolution were a much cheaper built cart (list $8K-$9K), and didn't have all the extra features. The D5 is a completely redesigned cart with a much better frame, better suspension, and improved electronics.

Yamaha's and EZ-GO's are more expensive because they don't build all the cool features into the carts - they are all added at the dealership and = $$'s for the dealership. Evolution builds the features into the cart at the factory.

With Evolution, the single biggest thing to get right is the dealer. If they know the cart and know how to work with Evolution, you'll be fine. I can't help but think that Villages Discount dropped Evolution because the profit margin on the other vehicles is so much higher.

Botero ONLY carries Evolution, and has done so for many years, so I don't think they are going anywhere.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Have you owned one or have some other experience with them?
I bought a new Lithium Golf Cart 2 years ago (Star).

I looked at everything that was available and immediately eliminated Evolution. I just didn't like them, didn't like the size, didn't like the quality and didn't like the folks who represented them. Poor reviews was the icing on the cake.

I would have bought a Club Car, if they had one available, with the proper battery size. Unfortunately, the Big 3 are behind everyone else with Lithium batteries. Yamaha & EZ Go were a non-starter for me.

Star isn't perfect, but for $16,000 instead of $20,000, I thought it was the way to go.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I bought a new Lithium Golf Cart 2 years ago (Star).

I looked at everything that was available and immediately eliminated Evolution. I just didn't like them, didn't like the size, didn't like the quality and didn't like the folks who represented them. Poor reviews was the icing on the cake.

I would have bought a Club Car, if they had one available, with the proper battery size. Unfortunately, the Big 3 are behind everyone else with Lithium batteries. Yamaha & EZ Go were a non-starter for me.

Star isn't perfect, but for $16,000 instead of $20,000, I thought it was the way to go.
2 years ago the D5 didn't exist. All Evolution had was their much cheaper Forrester and Classic carts, and the only dealer in the area was Villages Discount (I agree - I don't like their sales folks either). I looked at Star, but their forward facing 4 seater with a bigger battery was in the $21K-$23K range - no where near $16K. I also didn't care for the ride quality or the looks, but that's all subjective based on the individual.

I would never have purchased an Evolution if Botero Carts hadn't opened a store here, but their reviews have been 5 star for the past 5+ years, so I'm good!
Old 02-07-2024, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
The Villages Florida

That was a great reply. Thank You
Do you bring it on the golf Course? I have been looking at the D5 and your review was good to hear.

Tags
evolution, golf, carts, experience, sharp

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.