Evolution golf carts

Old 02-07-2024, 07:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
That was a great reply. Thank You
Do you bring it on the golf Course? I have been looking at the D5 and your review was good to hear.
Yes, I golf 2-3 times a week on Championship courses, and once a week on executive. So far, I love the cart. My past two carts (over 8 years) were Yamaha's and they were great, but I really like this one better in many ways. The seats are comfortable, range is great, and the soundbar is great to listen to throughout a round of golf.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:44 PM

Thanks for the info. Will be looking at one soon. Nice looking cart you have. I want something that looks different then all the Yamahas.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Will be looking at one soon. Nice looking cart you have. I want something that looks different then all the Yamahas.
I would order one with the 205ah battery. With the 110ah, you're looking at a range of 35 miles max - that's not much here in The Villages. Withe the 205ah, I've been from Hwy 42 to Southern Oaks and back with no issue. I wouldn't even consider one with the 110ah - from any manufacturer.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:00 PM
Veteran member

If it matters to you:
Chinese company, assembling Chinese parts in the USA.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Haven’t seen any discussion on Evolution golf carts. They are very sharp looking. Anyone have experience with them?
Do not own one but have driven a friends cart. They are very quick and probably lead the pack on 0-20 MPH
Old 02-08-2024, 05:59 AM
Default Evolution

Quote:
Haven’t seen any discussion on Evolution golf carts. They are very sharp looking. Anyone have experience with them?
We have had ours for eight months. We love it. Purchased it at Jenkins motor sports. Only complaint was the awning.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
Based on how a golf cart is built, the pricing by Evolution is more inline with what I would expect (I spent nearly 30 years in the automotive industry). Pricing for carts at $20K+ is absolutely ridiculous and has a huge profit margin.

I looked carefully at all three models for the forward facing 4 seaters. The build quality is comparable with regards to the frame and seats, but I found the Evolution to be much more comfortable to ride in. I went from a 2017 Yamaha with El Tigre seats to the D5, and so far, the D5 is superior in every way.

One thing to note is that the previous models of Evolution were a much cheaper built cart (list $8K-$9K), and didn't have all the extra features. The D5 is a completely redesigned cart with a much better frame, better suspension, and improved electronics.

Yamaha's and EZ-GO's are more expensive because they don't build all the cool features into the carts - they are all added at the dealership and = $$'s for the dealership. Evolution builds the features into the cart at the factory.

With Evolution, the single biggest thing to get right is the dealer. If they know the cart and know how to work with Evolution, you'll be fine. I can't help but think that Villages Discount dropped Evolution because the profit margin on the other vehicles is so much higher.

Botero ONLY carries Evolution, and has done so for many years, so I don't think they are going anywhere.
Evolution golf carts are made in China and only assembled in the U.S. do we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution? If you like tariffs on steel, should we have tariffs on these golf carts? (That said, I have to admit that my iPad and iPhone were largely made in China.)
Old 02-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Evolution golf carts are made in China and only assembled in the U.S. do we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution? If you like tariffs on steel, should we have tariffs on these golf carts? (That said, I have to admit that my iPad and iPhone were largely made in China.)
Dig a little further and you'll find that ALL the major manufacturers build in the US and MOST of their parts and components come from overseas.

Like it or not, 90% of what you buy comes from overseas. If you want to put a stake in the ground on your golf cart and pay $7K more, then go for it.

All I can say is I was happy with my Yamaha, and now I'm happy with my Evolution.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

We have choices. Whenever I can, I avoid any Chinese made items. I know that it's not easy, but I do my best not to support COMMUNISM. We may not be perfect, but our lifestyle is so much better than theirs, and they ARE the enemy.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
We have choices. Whenever I can, I avoid any Chinese made items. I know that it's not easy, but I do my best not to support COMMUNISM. We may not be perfect, but our lifestyle is so much better than theirs, and they ARE the enemy.
While typing on a computer or phone, that was most likely made in China.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:00 AM
Default Evolution golf carts

I have owned an evolution Pro 2 for over 2 and 1/2 years and 5,000 MI. I have never had one issue with it. I can go approximately 75 Mi without a charge. Where am I going to drive 75 miles in a day? I absolutely love it. I have customized the outside with my Steelers emblems and colors! Good luck.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:01 AM
Default Evolution

Quote:
I believe it is a 100 % a Chinese cart, one main reason I would not buy. Number two reason is I do not trust lithium batteries.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
While typing on a computer or phone, that was most likely made in China.
My Samsung Galaxy was made in Vietnam!
Old 02-08-2024, 09:29 AM

All the bells and whistles on the Evolution and Star carts are fun and just fine but downstream will you be loving all the headaches that will arise and they will when you start having parts and service issues??
Smarter to buy an EZGO or Club if you like electric and Yamaha if you like gas.
Parts and local (drive in) service will never be an issue with these 3.
Old 02-08-2024, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easeonby View Post
I believe it is a 100 % a Chinese cart, one main reason I would not buy. Number two reason is I do not trust lithium batteries.
We have two Evolution 2022 Classic 2's with the larger lithium batteries. We have had zero problems with them so far, I have 4,000 miles on mine and my fiancee has 2500 miles on hers. Village Discount no longer sells or services them but there is the aforementioned dealer in Ocala and there is also The Golf Cart Company in Clermont that is very good to deal with. We did a 40 mile round trip on Saturday to play golf at Gray Fox and still had more than 30% battery life left when we arrived home and that was with the headlights on and playing music though the built in speakers using bluetooth. So far so good for us.

Tags
evolution, golf, carts, experience, sharp

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.