Extreme Golf Carts Service

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Exclamation Extreme Golf Carts Service

Has anyone used Extreme Golf Carts for service or waranty work on their golf carts. Can not find any listing for them. We were referred to them from a telephone message at Golf Cart Connections phone number.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Has anyone used Extreme Golf Carts for service or waranty work on their golf carts. Can not find any listing for them. We were referred to them from a telephone message at Golf Cart Connections phone number.
If you have a refurbished Club Car from Golf Cart Connection, as I do, and need service, I would forget about Extreme Golf Carts for that service. I've heard of a couple of people that they weren't pleased with the communication or the service, and I've recommended Shon without reservation.

I posted a thread previous where I mentioned Five Star Golfcart Services which is owned and operated by a great guy and excellent Club Car Tech by the name of Shon. Shon used to be a top mechanic for Golf Cart Connections and left and formed his own service company before they closed shop. Shon has been the only guy I've let touch my 2 Club Cars for about 2 years now and I wouldn't trust anyone else. He prompt, fair, knowledgeable and, above all, honest. If you try him, you won't regret it.

(if I have an ulterior motive it is to keep Shon busy and happy because I don't think I'll find another like him)

You can reach him at 352-308-6272
or FiveStarGCS@gmail.com
Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Thanks RichieLion. Ken Spano is doing the rebuilding of the electric problems Connection caused in the building of the cart.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

We used Shon Roberts of Five Star to service our Club Car and also recommend him. I recall having him service our cart several years ago when he was still associated with Golf Cart Connection. He doesn't advertise, but may be contacted at either the e-mail or phone number noted by RichieLion.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM

an out of business company referring an unknown company- Red flag.

I'd be very weary of what ken Spanos says as well, be warned.

There are not many good golf car mechanics in the villages as we all know, talk with your neighbors on who really knows what they are doing.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Spano's serviceman (don't remember his name) has serviced my other carts in the past. He is very knowledgable, on time, and fixed the problem. Thier prices are very reasonable.

I will be using Spano in the future for all my cart repairs.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Smile

Yesterday I had to find someone to repair my cart. When I tried to charge it the charger would start up but then click off with out charging the cart.

I looked here on the forum and found Joe's Cart Service and called him. His wife took my information and after describing the problem advised it was a common problem and would be a simple fix. Joe was over that same day at 10am. He had it fixed inside 15 minutes. He then took the time to explain the issue. (Always appreciate that part)

My fluxrator (sic) located in the charger unit was fried from a power surge that came through the electrical outlet. I guess it happens when we leave them plugged in all the time even after they finish charging. We did have a storm earlier. I learned a lesson. To replace the part and the service call it was $75.00. The good news, I did not have to cancel my Tee time that morning.

I strongly recommend Joe's Cart Service if you are in need of cart maintenance.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.