EZ Go 2020 gas rentals for sale at Villages Golf Car (any good?)

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
Oh yeah...price is a major motivator to over see many issues
Which makes it good for repair shops
Old 09-02-2023, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Battery carts are more upkeep? No oil, no gas, no air filter, no belts, no starter motor, and no spark plug on my battery cart. Just plug it in at night and unplug it when we leave for a while.

And when batteries go south, $$$$.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 09-02-2023 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Compared to gas carts? Worth every penny. IMO
Old 09-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Get back to me in eight years when the warranty expires and I'll let you know.

Battery warranty may not transfer to the next purchaser but that next purchaser still should feel comfortable knowing that the manufacturer believed the battery would last more than eight years.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-02-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

The cart that burned was a gas once. Electric is much easier than gas.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

It's inevitable that the gas versus electric war starts up in any post about golf carts. The gas side did fire the first shot in this skirmish. I will add that there is never ever hard core data posted, just opinions and preferences. It's pretty evident though that Yamaha gas is by far the most prevalent cart in TV. Wish there was some way to get the sales figures from all the cart sellers in the area.
Old 09-03-2023, 08:45 AM
Default Cart rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
We will be part timers so we aren't looking to buy our forever golf cart, but we'd like to have something in the garage for when we visit. The Villages store is selling EZ Go gas 2 seaters, as is for $6K.

I'm wondering what folks think of these or if I can likely do better when I get down there for a week in October by looking for private sale.

Thanks
J&J Cart Rental 3176791915
Old 09-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
It's inevitable that the gas versus electric war starts up in any post about golf carts. The gas side did fire the first shot in this skirmish. I will add that there is never ever hard core data posted, just opinions and preferences. It's pretty evident though that Yamaha gas is by far the most prevalent cart in TV. Wish there was some way to get the sales figures from all the cart sellers in the area.
I can give you more than opinions and preferences. Sit outside near a street that has a fairly high amount of traffic. Eventually, an older (5 years or more) golf car will go by and after they are about 5 car lengths away - you will begin to almost get nauseated by the smell of unburned gasoline and other exhaust pollutants. Many, many times I have been outside working in my front yard and had to inhale that crap.
......Clean air is considered a right by many Americans, but here in the Villages, you don't get that unless you live on a cul-de-sac or a low-trafficked street. Also, besides NOISE, the professional grass massagers use gas-polluting equipment including the worst of them all --------2 stroke edgers.
........Also, more than opinions and preferences ......is the fact that E-golf carts start out with instant torque, which is probably more important to E-vehicles like Tesla. Electric golf carts have a lower center of gravity due to the low placement of the batteries - this gives faster acceleration, quicker deceleration, and better cornering than the equivalent gas carts with their higher center of gravity. The same thing applies to Electric cars and trucks, which explains why they are superior and why in Europe 20% of new car sales are electric. In the US it is 8%, so basically we are less sophisticated than Europe. But, the US % is rising.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 09-03-2023, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I can give you more than opinions and preferences. Sit outside near a street that has a fairly high amount of traffic. Eventually, an older (5 years or more) golf car will go by and after they are about 5 car lengths away - you will begin to almost get nauseated by the smell of unburned gasoline and other exhaust pollutants. Many, many times I have been outside working in my front yard and had to inhale that crap.
The Villages Florida

Quote:
......Clean air is considered a right by many Americans, but here in the Villages, you don't get that unless you live on a cul-de-sac or a low-trafficked street. Also, besides NOISE, the professional grass massagers use gas-polluting equipment including the worst of them all --------2 stroke edgers.
........Also, more than opinions and preferences ......is the fact that E-golf carts start out with instant torque, which is probably more important to E-vehicles like Tesla. Electric golf carts have a lower center of gravity due to the low placement of the batteries - this gives faster acceleration, quicker deceleration, and better cornering than the equivalent gas carts with their higher center of gravity. The same thing applies to Electric cars and trucks, which explains why they are superior and why in Europe 20% of new car sales are electric. In the US it is 8%, so basically we are less sophisticated than Europe. But, the US % is rising.
No, we have much farther to go... EVs are great in small urban settings (like much of Europe). The fail when long distances must be traveled...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-03-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Do NOT DIS-Agree with all you've posted. All good advice. I just want to add a tip for any looking for a cart. We JUST purchased a new one (Club Car) but really checked out every option and checked out many ads, including on this site. Just wanted to share some things that greatly disappointed us. We had no idea (I know, very naive) that people buy nice used carts, then find friends and neighbors who agree to "pose" as the owners and appear to be selling their own one owner cart ! We began to look very closely, there were ads from individuals who had their personal cart for sale, call to come to their house in the villages to see it. But then, because we were looking for so long, we noticed the same phone number for several "different" individuals who were selling their cart ! NEVER crossed out minds until it seemed strange that the same person would have their rather new, low hours, cart for sale, and then in a few weeks, another really nice sounding one, and another a few weeks after that. Until we looked at the phone numbers we wrote done because we wanted to go see the cart.... and then we realized ! This sure makes it tricky for people who are looking to buy a cart from another individual. Went to one home, nice folks, saw a cart in the garage, asked if the cart on the drive was he one they were selling or the one in the garage. "Yes, selling my wife's cart, the one on the drive." Found out later, when that one is sold, another one, new but not the same make or model, but also his wife's again, is up for sale, because the decided again they only needed one cart ? Is this an old tactic here and we just never realized it until we started looking for a used cart ?
Thats the "wheeler dealers" and the villages is full of them. They buy the carts for cheap, do NOTHING to them, tack on a profit and sell to the unsuspecting. These are your neighbors folks. Its sad really, but its all about making a buck for them. Be careful of the younger ones selling carts, usually the cart was their grandfathers.....only problem is they have 10 grandfathers... buyer beware as always.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

We are going to be careful and keep our eyes open. I am pretty sure that when we get there will be looking for the Yamaha 2017 or newer for under 10 grand. There seem to be plenty of these available in two seaters.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
We are going to be careful and keep our eyes open. I am pretty sure that when we get there will be looking for the Yamaha 2017 or newer for under 10 grand. There seem to be plenty of these available in two seaters.
Yup, we just bought one in July... QuieTech, with nice El Tigre bucket seats, LED running lights, locking dash, overhead shelf...

Still part timers, so a used cart will serve us well until we're frogs...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-23-2023, 12:19 AM

I’ll throw in my $0.02 about Ezgo rental purchase: it CAN be a fantastic deal. You just have to be sure to test drive ALL the rentals they are selling on the lot to weed out the questionable ones. I ended up buying a black ‘21 in fantastic shape. Body was perfect, and it runs perfect. Threw some hubcaps on it, and it looks great. Very hard to beat that kind of deal for 6k.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6172.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	101314  
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, villages, sale, gas, $6k

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.