EZ Go 2020 gas rentals for sale at Villages Golf Car (any good?)

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2023, 06:39 AM
Veteran member
Default EZ Go 2020 gas rentals for sale at Villages Golf Car (any good?)

We will be part timers so we aren't looking to buy our forever golf cart, but we'd like to have something in the garage for when we visit. The Villages store is selling EZ Go gas 2 seaters, as is for $6K.

I'm wondering what folks think of these or if I can likely do better when I get down there for a week in October by looking for private sale.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2023, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
We will be part timers so we aren't looking to buy our forever golf cart, but we'd like to have something in the garage for when we visit. The Villages store is selling EZ Go gas 2 seaters, as is for $6K.

I'm wondering what folks think of these or if I can likely do better when I get down there for a week in October by looking for private sale.

Thanks
People can be hard on rental vehicles and these carts probably went through a number of renters and a lot of hours.

On the other hand, EZ-Go is one of the better manufacturers, 2020 is a fairly new cart, and if this is the Villages Golf Cars then they have a reputation to maintain. If the carts came with a one-year warranty and the options you want then I would not feel uncomfortable buying one.

Do you need to wait until October to look for private sales? There are the classifieds on this site and there ought to be other sites to look at to at least get a feel for the details of a private sale. $6K for a 2020 might be high relative to private sales. A private sale won't come with a warranty and you don't know what kind of service it has received but it would not have needed much service in that time. A vehicle from a private sale might have fewer hours/miles than a rental also.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-01-2023, 06:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,134 Times in 1,357 Posts

As a part timer you at least need a gas cart. Not sure if EZ Go rentals are the way to go?
Old 09-01-2023, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
As a part timer you at least need a gas cart. Not sure if EZ Go rentals are the way to go?
We are going to rent a lithium when we go next month just to see. While we are only part time, we have arranged weekly visits that will drive our golf cart to the mailbox, get the mail and drive it back. That will keep it moving.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,223 Times in 576 Posts

A friend had one as a loaner from The Villages Cars and it left a trail of oil from Brownwood to his house.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Yikes and they are being sold as is. I doubt there is a warranty. I think I'll wait till we are there to find something. I'd like to see it in person.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:01 AM

The one we had as a loaner was a POC. It was noisy and vibrated a lot, also leaked oil on the garage floor. I will say that it was immediately replaced when we told them. The replacement was the same except it didn’t leak.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:10 AM

Sounds like you are new to golf carts. The EZGO cart that they have is just OK. You can do a lot better with a Yamaha. The EZGO engine in 2020 is very noisy. EZGO does not make their own engine for 2020. The Yamaha chassis is ALL 100% Yamaha including the engine. Yamaha started in 2017 manufacturing the carts that are very quiet. You can find a 2017 and later used Yamaha with a few bells and whistles for more than $6k but they are definitely worth the extra money.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
We are going to rent a lithium when we go next month just to see. While we are only part time, we have arranged weekly visits that will drive our golf cart to the mailbox, get the mail and drive it back. That will keep it moving.
Be careful Lithium batteries in golf cart spark fire that destroys E-Town home, firefighters say
Old 09-01-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Thanks
2014 Yamaha Gas Golf Cart | Talk of the Villages
Old 09-01-2023, 07:42 PM

as someone who fixes carts everyday....you will hate it, the worst gas car on the market.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,006 Times in 2,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
as someone who fixes carts everyday....you will hate it, the worst gas car on the market.

But, it’s cheap, cheap can overcome!
Old 09-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,006 Times in 2,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
A friend had one as a loaner from The Villages Cars and it left a trail of oil from Brownwood to his house.

Must lived right around corner, not much oil in lawn mower engine.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Thanks
A lot of things to consider. I am over 6ft tall and Yamaha is the way to go. It does have a higher roof. With side curtains in a non Yamaha cart, I have to duck. EZ Go and Club Car do make the best electric golf carts. Not so on the gas. Check noise level on the EZ GO.
Old 09-02-2023, 04:58 AM

Quote:
I would do your research on a lithium battery cart. Mid-August We drove right by one that went up in flames, while she was driving it, right outside of Village of Bridgeport. It burnt down to the ground. But she saved her golf clubs! Their dangerous. They’ve been known to just start on fire while sitting in your garage.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, villages, sale, gas, $6k

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.