EZ Go 2020 gas rentals for sale at Villages Golf Car (any good?)

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2023, 05:26 AM
Veteran member

Pass on EZ Go.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,614 Times in 946 Posts

There’s a reason they’re $6000.
A 3 year old used cart easily should cost 10,000 to 15,000.

Get a nice one, it’s worth it, even part time.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:21 AM

Ezgo gas carts are not good. We had an ezgo gas loaner for quite awhile before our new ezgo electric was delivered. Their electrics are excellent, but not the gas.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
But, it’s cheap, cheap can overcome!
Oh yeah...price is a major motivator to over see many issues
Old 09-02-2023, 06:34 AM

Due to the poor quality of this brand, we call them “Hardly Go”.

I also had a loaner that leaked oil all over my driveway and garage..
Old 09-02-2023, 06:54 AM

EZ GO carts are garbage. I’d pass on the “deal.”
Old 09-02-2023, 07:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Four things to know about the EZGo gas carts:

1. They are very noisy.
2. They are slow.
3. They ride like a skateboard.
4. They are not a Yamaha.

Nuff said.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Yikes and they are being sold as is. I doubt there is a warranty. I think I'll wait till we are there to find something. I'd like to see it in person.
I would definitely want to see it in person. Also what extras are included ie self canceling signal lights, rain curtains, cooler, storage basket, glove compartment, floor mat, upgraded seat, speedometer, ability to go faster than 14 mph, and lastly I would search the classified for price comparisons for 2020 carts which might be difficult because 90% of carts here are Yamahas. Good luck
Old 09-02-2023, 08:42 AM
Default Noisy and Rough Riding

I rented an EZGO from the Villages Golf Cars during one of our first visits to The Villages. Given the time of our visit, it is likely to be one of those now being sold. The cart was either brand new or in such condition that I couldn't tell it had been used.

The salesman walked me out to the cart that was one of many parked in a long line. I started it and drove from the shop through the Borders parking lot. The cart was so noisy and rough riding that I stopped before I turned onto the street and went back to the shop as I thought something was broken.

The salesman, politely, told me that what I experienced was normal for EZGO gas carts. He chuckled and said that he always tried to get customers who were looking to buy a cart to drive an EZGO gas before he let them drive a Yamaha.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:52 AM

We own a 2017 EZGO and it is a fine cart

DeKalb, Illinois / Twin Cities, Minnesota
Old 09-02-2023, 10:02 AM

When we were looking for our first golf cart, my husband had me test drive both, an EZGO and a Yamaha. They are night and day. Go with a Yamaha.
Old 09-02-2023, 10:30 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
People can be hard on rental vehicles and these carts probably went through a number of renters and a lot of hours.

On the other hand, EZ-Go is one of the better manufacturers, 2020 is a fairly new cart, and if this is the Villages Golf Cars then they have a reputation to maintain. If the carts came with a one-year warranty and the options you want then I would not feel uncomfortable buying one.

Do you need to wait until October to look for private sales? There are the classifieds on this site and there ought to be other sites to look at to at least get a feel for the details of a private sale. $6K for a 2020 might be high relative to private sales. A private sale won't come with a warranty and you don't know what kind of service it has received but it would not have needed much service in that time. A vehicle from a private sale might have fewer hours/miles than a rental also.
Do NOT DIS-Agree with all you've posted. All good advice. I just want to add a tip for any looking for a cart. We JUST purchased a new one (Club Car) but really checked out every option and checked out many ads, including on this site. Just wanted to share some things that greatly disappointed us. We had no idea (I know, very naive) that people buy nice used carts, then find friends and neighbors who agree to "pose" as the owners and appear to be selling their own one owner cart ! We began to look very closely, there were ads from individuals who had their personal cart for sale, call to come to their house in the villages to see it. But then, because we were looking for so long, we noticed the same phone number for several "different" individuals who were selling their cart ! NEVER crossed out minds until it seemed strange that the same person would have their rather new, low hours, cart for sale, and then in a few weeks, another really nice sounding one, and another a few weeks after that. Until we looked at the phone numbers we wrote done because we wanted to go see the cart.... and then we realized ! This sure makes it tricky for people who are looking to buy a cart from another individual. Went to one home, nice folks, saw a cart in the garage, asked if the cart on the drive was he one they were selling or the one in the garage. "Yes, selling my wife's cart, the one on the drive." Found out later, when that one is sold, another one, new but not the same make or model, but also his wife's again, is up for sale, because the decided again they only needed one cart ? Is this an old tactic here and we just never realized it until we started looking for a used cart ?
Old 09-02-2023, 10:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
We are going to rent a lithium when we go next month just to see. While we are only part time, we have arranged weekly visits that will drive our golf cart to the mailbox, get the mail and drive it back. That will keep it moving.
Battery carts are just more upkeep. My gas cart is so easy. Fill the gas tank and undo the battery. Whenever I come back ready to roll. But this is just me.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,404 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Battery carts are just more upkeep. My gas cart is so easy. Fill the gas tank and undo the battery. Whenever I come back ready to roll. But this is just me.
Battery carts are more upkeep? No oil, no gas, no air filter, no belts, no starter motor, and no spark plug on my battery cart. Just plug it in at night and unplug it when we leave for a while.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-02-2023, 12:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Cart newbie here, can you explain 'undo the battery'? Do you disconnect & remove it? Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, villages, sale, gas, $6k

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.