EZ Go AC Servo Drive carts

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Default EZ Go AC Servo Drive carts

I have determined I will be buying an electric golf cart. I will look at EZ Go, Club Car and Tomberlin. I have a question about the servo drive system which delivers better speed to climb hills, assuming when the drive senses more torque requirements it provides more power to still push the cart at 19.9 mph. Does the cart max out at 19.9 on flat terrain? If this is true I would think EZ Go has a great product that others do not. Am I missing something.

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts
Default You are correct

The AC motor does exactly what you suggest it should. Additionally it acts as a brake when you take your foot off the accelerator. Effectively this means that when you want to get out of the cart you don't have a "parking" brake that others have. If you're not pushing the pedal, the car is stopped even on a hill. It is quiet and steers easily and runs the same speed on the flat, uphill, or downhill. There is a nice explanation at Golf Cart Parts & Accessories From GolfCarCatalog.Com| which was written 6 years ago when the technology was new, but still, I believe, accurate as to the details of the AC motor
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.